fiduciary

Recent Posts

Pages:  [1] 2 3 ... 10
Lightsabers / FS new Vaders Vault world showcase First Nation Wrath
« Last post by Ultimate Revan on May 23, 2022, 07:23:24 PM »
Brand new from the May 4th RTS event.   Cfx with the blade and charger.

1800 plus pp/Sh

[/url]

[/img]
Questions/Comments / Re: First build
« Last post by Darth Catacus on May 23, 2022, 02:40:00 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! I actually have a chassis 3D printed; I just forgot to list it. It's going to be a tight fit as there's only roughly 3 inches of space for the chassis, but it should be OK. If the one I printed doesn't work, then I'll build one out of disks.

Being new to soldering, I've been practicing and I've noticed I get good pre-soldered bulbs, but I have trouble with soldering connections. I've started applying soldering paste, but not noticing much difference so far. Here's a picture to show what I mean. The red wire was dipped in paste while the black one was not. I should note that this is on a dummy board that is not being connected to or used for anything, it's simply to practice on. Any advice on how to make cleaner connections?

For the blade holder, the inner diameter of my hilt is 1.5 inches. Should the blade holder be the same diameter or smaller?

Expect more questions as this build progresses.
Questions/Comments / Re: First build
« Last post by SirRawThunderMan on May 22, 2022, 03:14:11 AM »
Hello there.

Welcome to your new addiction! Well, your basic parts list looks good.

I'll make a couple of suggestions based on experience, though: I'd stick to a 3.7V cell, as that's pretty much all you need these days, and make sure it's a regular one, not a high discharge (they're for Pixel blades.)

28 AWG wire is pretty much all you'll need for LED sabers. I'd suggest getting some multicoloured flat ribbon cable and stripping the individual strands out of that, rather than using just the one spool. That way you've got a colour coded indicator for what wire is going where and won't suffer any accidental shorts.

Finally, I'd suggest looking into some form of chassis to hold all your wiring and components together inside the hilt. That might be a little harder with a curved hilt like yours, but it's doable.

Good luck, and MTFBWY
Questions/Comments / First build
« Last post by Darth Catacus on May 21, 2022, 06:48:14 PM »
Greetings everyone,

I've been sitting on this for nearly three years and I've decided it's time for my first saber build. I've watched a lot of videos and have a good idea on what to do. Here is the list of parts for my build, including the hilt:

SF Bane mk2
blade
Either 3.7 or 7.4 volt battery
Charging port (unless I can find out how to do a removable battery)
Luxeon tri-rebel led (deep red, deep red, neutral white)
Blade holder
Lens
Lens pad
CFX
Speaker
Two momentary switches (unless the recharge port dosen't fit in the chassis, then it'll just be one)
3 resistors for the led (2 2ohm 1 watt resistors and 1 1ohm 2 watt resistors)
Heatshrink
Wire (either 26 or 28 gauge)

I'm getting all parts except the led and maybe the blade from tcss.

Are all these parts correct or am I missing something?

I'm checking in again. Is "Yoda" still active? Seems like there hasn't been any activity for a while?

Forum Gallery / Re: GREENIE: Saber VIII - Eight part Saber
« Last post by QUI-GON JINN on May 13, 2022, 07:40:05 AM »
Beautiful saber, with excellent craftsmanship, this one had my vote in the contest!
I've got the same Viper Defender! Still works after all these years but the blade color has faded and is not a bright as it once was.  Also the black rubber bands/gaskets have withered away.  Anyone know where I could get a replacement for the blade and rubber rings?
That uses an EL blade, doesn't it? That might be difficult to find a replacement for, as no one has used that tech in blades for over a decade. I think you'd be better off having someone convert it over to an in-hilt led, or a pixel strip blade. Either could also be done with sound as well..
SABER SOUND DISCUSSION / Re: Nyan Cat Neopixel Proffie Free Sound Font ReynTime
« Last post by jbkuma on May 12, 2022, 02:18:21 PM »
Nice!  I started working on a cat font some time ago, but never got around to finishing it.
SABER SOUND DISCUSSION / Nyan Cat Neopixel Proffie Free Sound Font ReynTime
« Last post by operat0r on May 09, 2022, 06:18:53 AM »
Nyan Cat Neopixel Proffie Free Sound Font ReynTime

Christ on a cracker!!!! This took WAY too long for my first sound font...

Video:

rmccurdy.com/stuff/Neopixel_Proffie_Sound_Font_ReynTime.mp4

"Free" Neopixel Proffie Sound Font ReynTime:

rmccurdy.com/stuff/Neopixel_Proffie_Sound_Font_ReynTime.zip

Cat Samples!

rmccurdy.com/stuff/Neopixel_Proffie_Sound_Font_ReynTime_CAT_SAMPLES_SORTED_ALL.zip
JQ SABERS / Re: Master Orgus din by jq sabers
« Last post by Scorpion on May 08, 2022, 01:10:30 PM »
thanks man
yes daren said it was the hardest instal hes ever done but the work has really paid off as its a very beautiful display,
that wooden finish took some doing to get right!
and then the wooden stand came at the very end of the project from zac sherlock and it was the icing on the orgus din cake.
an all out great effort from daren and i am very pleased with the finished result.
Pages:  [1] 2 3 ... 10
retrousse