fiduciary

Author Topic: Official Force Fx troubleshooting FAQS  (Read 103285 times)

Offline Darth Dumb

• No Force
Re: Official Force Fx troubleshooting FAQS
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 12:34:43 AM »
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding my Luke ESB FX Lightsaber:

It will not power down any more! You have got to unscrew the battery pack to disengage it. Otherwise it is in perfect shape.

Since the both of us have been into a lot of trouble I would like to repair it but have no clue how to do that.

Is anybody able to help me, to explain or show a tutorial?

Many thanks in advance,

DD.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2008, 02:17:52 AM »
It sounds like the switch actuator has come loose. There is a dis-assembly tutorial located HERE: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1043.0

You'll need to read through it well though, because not all of the steps needed are at the beginning.

Oh... And Welcome to the Forums! Please READ and sign the following topic.:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10747.0

Have fun and enjoy.

Offline MalakaiBlack

• No Force
  • A Jedi, cast out for murderous revenge.
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2009, 05:49:38 PM »
I just got my Yoda saber and I am currently using duracell batteries and it works fine! Did MR maybe have an older version that they modified? Because when I read this I was like, "oh no! I am using duracell batteries!". But then I was like "wait a minute, I'm using duracell batteries!". What's up with that?
Master Windu hates snakes....

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2009, 05:56:53 PM »
No, MR never had an "older version" of the Yoda. Any brand of battery works, but E2s are the best.

What's up with what, Doc?

;D

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 05:58:59 PM »
I think that the earlier models of the Yoda FX had some issues with the height of  the cathode on duracell batteries.  There are a few thousandths of an inch difference in length between the energizer and the duracell batteries.

I believe that MR may have changed the construction of the battery pack to accommodate this, because the Yoda saber that I have has no issues with either brand.  The only one issue that I have had was with a cheapo brand from the dollar store being too LONG.

Offline Acebaur

• No Force
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 09:11:06 AM »
Hello, I'm new here, though I've been poking around the site for a while. I've got a question about my sabers that maybe someone here can answer or point me to the thread its answered in, (I looked but didn't find it)
I've got a MR Anakin ROTS and a MR Vader ESB and I noticed today after playing around with them for the first time in a while today (btw I already put new Energizer lithiums in them) that there is some faint banding on both sabers.  Is this because its been so long since I last used them or is that merely the spaces in between the LEDS? You have to look closely at them to see it. Also I noticed that the Vader is definately not as bright as the Anakin ( I plan on testing out some Duracell Powerpix batteries soon, per the battery thread) I'm thinking that the Vader might not be as bright because red is a softer color than blue is and therefore not as bright in daylight. Thanks for your help!

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2009, 10:31:54 AM »
Hello, I'm new here, though I've been poking around the site for a while. I've got a question about my sabers that maybe someone here can answer or point me to the thread its answered in, (I looked but didn't find it)
I've got a MR Anakin ROTS and a MR Vader ESB and I noticed today after playing around with them for the first time in a while today (btw I already put new Energizer lithiums in them) that there is some faint banding on both sabers.  Is this because its been so long since I last used them or is that merely the spaces in between the LEDS? You have to look closely at them to see it. Also I noticed that the Vader is definately not as bright as the Anakin ( I plan on testing out some Duracell Powerpix batteries soon, per the battery thread) I'm thinking that the Vader might not be as bright because red is a softer color than blue is and therefore not as bright in daylight. Thanks for your help!

Hi Acebaur, and Welcome to the FX-Sabers Forums!

What you are seeing on your blades is just the spacing between the LEDs in the blade string.  That combined with the sometimes uneven thickness of the foam diffuser that surrounds the LED ladder inside the blade can make the banding effect that you are seeing.

The Red MR blades are kind of Dull in color, also because of the diffusion method.  Red is by far the least impressive color on a stock FX for this reason.

Offline wallcrawler

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2009, 04:34:21 AM »
HELP! i recently got hold of a Mace Windu MR FX off ebay. First of all the guy selling it had basically taken a hack saw to the blade and chopped it off! i knew this had been removed as was bidding on the hilt itself (with electronics intact) but when it arrived and i realsied he had not removed it a la ultrasabers etc it felt like someone had thrown mud at the mona lisa  :'(  philestine! anyway thats not the main issue, i can convert it to Lux fairly easily. the main issue is that it looks like its been kept in a shed or something as the brass detailing has started to get tarnished and dirty, no amount of wiping makes it any shinier. Now before i attempt polish or anything has anyone else had this problem? if so how did you fix it. im nervous as i dont want to take the shine off any more than it all ready has. i would provide photos but it doesnt show up in them and i dont want to upset the Windu enthusiasts by displaying the hack sawed blade.

thanks

Trainers ARE cool

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2009, 01:01:01 PM »
I don't own one, but the brass detailing must be the gold paint. I know it eventually comes off, but i don't know if it tarnishes. If you plan on wielding it after it is a LUX, then I wouldn't worry about it. as it will come off eventually. as for cleaning it, i don't know.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline kaseiryu

• No Force
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2009, 12:02:31 PM »
I'm new to this site, but ive been looking around for a few month now off and on.

I just bought a used Anakin ROTS saber and when you turn it on, the blade flashes and it keep making the activating noise. Ive tried brand new batteries and it does the same thing. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks alot in advance.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2009, 12:18:16 PM »
welcome to the forums kaseiryu.

This sounds like a short.

There are several places this can be happening from, so lets start with the easiest. The battery pack.

Take the pack out and make sure the connectors are all clean, peek inside the hilt to and make sure the 3 prongs are clean.  Inspect the pack itself. One of the springs may be loose, or tab may be broken. .

Do you have a similar saber that u can swap the battery packs out  with to see if the pack itself is faulty?

Let's start there, if all is fine with the pack, you may need to check out the switch/power button, but that gonna require you taking the saber apart, ...a little. ;)

Offline kaseiryu

• No Force
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2009, 01:31:44 PM »
Thanks for the tips!

Ill try them out and see if any of that helps. I dont have another saber to try switching the pack tho, this is my first. I got it for a really good price. (9.99!) and i knew it had some problems. So i figured if i needed to repair it, it would give me something to do.

Offline kaseiryu

• No Force
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2009, 06:42:36 PM »
Well I tried cleaning the battery houseing, and its still the same. Any thing else I can try?

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2009, 06:05:38 AM »
If you are certain that the barttery pack is OK, (try holding it tightly in place with the pommel off and use your thumb to press the pack firmly in place), then it might the switch or switch wires.

The Anakin saber, if Im not mistaken, usually uses 2 blue wires from the switch to the board, trace those from the switch to the board and make sure the connections are good. Those 2 wires are pretty thin and easily damaged, especially right at the board.

Offline secretApprentice

• Force User
  • guns and (or) Sabers..
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2009, 03:43:53 PM »
oh.. this is enlighting thread indeed!

by the way i got questions regarding batteries, is it true that if i dont turn the blade on for some time while the batteries still in the batt. pack it wil gradually run out the batteries?
"i'm here to rescue you.. and i'm not too short for a stormtrooper.."

collecting enough money for a new Hasbro ROTS Obi or a MR ROTJ Luke.. or whatever worth buying on a limited budget.. Xp

retrousse