fiduciary

Author Topic: Official Force Fx troubleshooting FAQS  (Read 103536 times)

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
Re: Official Force Fx troubleshooting FAQS
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
Sounds like a short in the blade's led string to me,  which wold explain why the blade doesn't light up.....could also be a loose connection at the soundboard where the blade plugs in.

Offline bamster

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2010, 10:08:06 AM »
Hmmm...would that be difficult to fix?

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2010, 10:15:01 AM »
not really.  You'd just have to take the saber apart,  and if you go that far,  you may as well convert it to  P4 blue instead of the non-functioning led string.

Offline bamster

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2010, 10:18:47 AM »
I think I will do that. Thanks!  ;D

Offline 92hatchattack

• No Force
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »
While playing with my sons new Vader saber i notice that after many of the motion sound effect i will get a single static "click" sound at the end of the sound.

Is this normal?

Offline cattigan619

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2013, 11:31:22 AM »
I'm a new to this site. My parents have recently moved into their new house and have most of their stuff out of storage along with some of my stuff. One of them was my MR force fx lightsaber(Anakin ROTS)which i had since about 2009 i believe. It was in box in storage so its in good condition, It's just whenever i turn it on it makes a static like noise from the speaker and the blade doesn't light up. I remember this happening to it in the past and went back to normal. But now i'm not sure if it will work again. I have new duracell ultra batteries in it and is still going staticy. I'm not that technical with them so i wouldn't know how to actually take it apart and look at it internally. Any suggestions?

Offline -LORDREVAN-

• No Force
  • I have a strong love for StarWars and lightsabers.
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2013, 02:10:01 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site and I have a problem that I desperately need help with. About 4 weeks ago my gf bought me the Hasbro Darth Vader Force FX lightsaber with the removable blade as a birthday gift. It's worked fine up until last night when I put the blade in and tried to turn it on. It'll turn on for a few seconds then just completely turn off, no power down effects of any sort, just completely dead. Has anyone else ever had this problem before/know how to fix this? I was thinking it could possibly be a bad connection but I don't know how to take it apart and I'm afraid of damaging the saber. I've tried taking the batter pack out and putting it back in. I don't have any fresh new batteries to test out yet, I'm really hoping new batteries will solve it because I love this saber and my gf spent her hard earned money on it, it'll be a shame if it's broken so soon :/ If anyone knows what the problem is please help! "You're my only hope.."
"I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing."
-TheRevanchistShallRiseAgain-

Offline seamonkey

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2014, 05:59:05 AM »
Hi, I'm new to the site but I have recently treated myself to a force fx luke rotj saber from ebay. It came fully packaged and sealed as new (as I believe it is). So much to my annoyance the on/off switch appears to be stuck in the on position. I have put batteries in and everything works fine as you would expect, apart from the fact that I cannot shut it off while the batteries are in! I have googled about stuck switch problems to no avail so wonder if this is not a common problem, can anyone offer any suggestions about how to resolve the situation outside of brute force as I don't really want to break it and I assume it shouldn't require brute force to operate?!

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline DOGSTAR

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2014, 10:16:10 AM »
I'm new to this site and to lightsabers.Got a Hasbro Force FX Obi-Wan Kenobi it turns on and works fine.When I try to turn it off,it turns off but when I let go of the switch it goes right back on.If I don't hold the switch it will not stay off.Is there a fix?Would hate to send it back if I could fix it.Any help would be great.
Never take life to seriously...Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Jedi_Qaid

• Experienced Force User
  • My Ally Is The Force And A STRONG Ally It Is...
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »
Question for the group / Jedi

My son was doing a lil ... 'Diagnostics' on my FXs and he noticed with the Jedi Knight Obi Wan ( Clone Wars ) FX when he changed the batteries he would tap the hilt and the saber would ignite and you'd see the light go up the hilt. He would attempt to twirl it and it began going on and off. I believe it may have been doing that since I first bought it.

Anyone know what that is ...
My Collection

*Episode I*

Offline Obi-Xain

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »
Great advice from everyone. I also have a question though. Anyone happen to know why when I turn on my rots ani saber, it makes swinging noises while held in place as well as it takes an insanely hard hit to make clashing sound? Also, it seems like the clash sounds seem more frequent while holding closer to the very bottom than if I hold above the power switch. Just put new energizers in maybe 20 mins before making this post.

Offline Hindae085

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2015, 01:06:17 PM »
I just got a Mace Windu FX and about a quarter the way up the blade the LEDs aren't lighting up. Everything else works fine on it. What can I do?

Offline Kaernak

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2017, 05:44:45 PM »
My RoTJ Luke saber no longer turns on.  A few days ago it was rapidly turning on and off crazy so I figured it was battery time.  I've since replaced the batteries and it doesn't turn on at all.  What can i do to fix this?

Offline brthegreat117

• Master Force User
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2017, 06:08:41 PM »
My RoTJ Luke saber no longer turns on.  A few days ago it was rapidly turning on and off crazy so I figured it was battery time.  I've since replaced the batteries and it doesn't turn on at all.  What can i do to fix this?

It could be the switch wires. When doing both of my conversions on a MR Anakin and BS Luke. I've noticed the switch wires were very poor and broke off with little-to-no force.

Offline Vickery7

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2017, 01:53:02 PM »
Hey guys, hopping you could help out.
I've had an Anakin's Force FX Lightsaber for about 10 years now and it's been working perfectly until now.
Even with new batteries in, when I turn it on, nothing happens. No light, no sound, nothing.
Wondering if anyone can help.
Thanks!

retrousse