fiduciary

Author Topic: Who else is feeling the shipping delays? Korbanth in particular.  (Read 615 times)

Offline OwenSkywalker

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
I know USPS has been hit hard by the holidays and COVID in some places more than others, but am wondering at what point I should maybe start to be concerned.

I have an order coming from Korbanth that's been in pre-shipment since 12/22.  I know Arizona is one of the hard-hit areas for USPS.

Anyone else experiencing similar?  I was in touch with Korbanth just after xmas, and he confirmed that the order is in USPS' possession. 

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
Re: Who else is feeling the shipping delays? Korbanth in particular.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 08:41:22 AM »
Yeah, I have two packages still not delivered. Shipped them back in Mid December. Tracking is still updating, just incredibly slowly. I read somewhere that shipping volume was up over 1000% (Yes- one thousand) and there are packages just sitting in trailer trucks because there isn't room in the mail centers.  :huh:

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Darth Brooks

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 09:47:09 AM »
Keep in mind when you order from korbanth that he assigns a tracking number "immediately" if it's an item that he did not have in possession it could be weeks in some cases months before he's able to ship...

I ordered two hilts from a different vender in Spain over 30 days ago and STILL not arrived in the states.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 08:26:42 AM »
Shipping just is what it is right now.  Some things will show up faster than you thought possible, other times things you thought you would have right away are going to take weeks.  I received something in the US from Canada in 2 days, meanwhile it took 2 weeks to get something from 20 miles away.

Korbanth does not have the greatest shipping practices.  I was on one of his preorders that was delayed by months, in the mean time I moved.  It wouldn't have been an issue if things shipped on time, but he made me pay to print a new label since it was no longer possible to cancel the original one.

Offline OwenSkywalker

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 02:43:56 PM »
Yea, I know about Korbanth's (and some others') reputation for printing the shipping labels long before the orders are actually ready to ship, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.  I started seeing some folks around the community showing off their fancy new KR Princess LO's starting just before xmas, same time I got my shipping notice.  I swapped a couple emails with him, and he let me know my order physically went to their post office a couple days after the holiday.  So, unless he was not being honest, I'm just waiting out USPS on this one, not Korbanth.

retrousse