fiduciary

Author Topic: FX Lightsaber ROTJ battery pack?  (Read 327 times)

Offline SPlatten

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
FX Lightsaber ROTJ battery pack?
« on: January 01, 2021, 03:49:42 AM »
Hello, I have three Force FX lightsabers, the original Luke Skywalker new hope lightsaber, Darth Vaders lightsaber and the ROTJ green lightsaber.  At some point the battery pack which includes the gold end of the hilt for the ROTJ saber has been lost.  No idea where it has gone, are replacements available for these?

Also I would like to mount the lightsabres on the wall which the stand does allow, I would also like to replace the battery packs with mains power and then hook up all three to the same supplies, has anyone done this before?

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
Re: FX Lightsaber ROTJ battery pack?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 04:25:10 AM »
I think I've seen someone rig a lightsaber to run as a wall display.  It would be simple, you can get 5v or 6v power supplies on amazon for $10-20.  The problem is that ForceFX have an auto shut-off feature that kicks it off after a couple minutes of in activity. There's no way to disable it other than shaking it every two minutes, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a wall display. 

If you just want them to light up, you could bypass the sound board, but that would require you to gut it.  Which is also possible, but considerably more involved.

You can check ebay for force fx battery packs, they pop up periodically.

retrousse