fiduciary

Author Topic: 1" ID Installs  (Read 179 times)

Offline MystByte

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
1" ID Installs
« on: December 10, 2020, 05:17:42 PM »
Just curious if anyone has any experience doing 1" installs, and can warn me if I am getting too over my head. I said in my other post, I am very interested in the new soundboards, especially the Proffieboard. I used to have quite a few sabers, but now I am down to a single stunt saber. For cost reasons, I'd love to install a Proffieboard into this hilt instead of getting another hilt (Though if I did get a new hilt, it'd certainly be a k4v2 or the like :P)

The only issue is, the saber is designed as a stunt saber, and thus only has an ID of 1". Has anyone done a proffie install in such a tight space? I was looking at a chassis like this, and it actually seems doable 0.99 Initiate Lightsaber Chassis Removable Battery | Etsy

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Re: 1" ID Installs
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 06:30:21 PM »
1” isn’t all that small these days...I think your K4 might be smaller...certainly at places.

If you get the right chassis it’s all about wire management...the proffie is small enough to fit in anything.

Offline MystByte

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 05:54:54 AM »
Good to know I pioneered 1" ID sabers then ;)

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 07:26:37 AM »
You can do some digging into PVC Sabers. Tons of people have made them in the past. You can also look up Korbanth Converstions. A lot of people have installed in 3/4" space as well. The Nano Biscotti is my go to board for small spaces.

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

retrousse