fiduciary

Author Topic: Stock FX brightnes VS luxeon conversion.  (Read 1036 times)

Offline 92hatchattack

• No Force
Stock FX brightnes VS luxeon conversion.
« on: April 16, 2011, 04:26:19 PM »
Hey guys. Still new to these lightsabers.

I just got Vader in with removable blade for my sons birthday in September.(Just happened to have the money so i picked it up before i blew it on something else)

Its really nice. But my question is, if I wanted to have it converted in the future so we can beat the heck out of them, how bright are the luxeopn 3 conversions (like by ultraforce) compared to the stock LED strip? Prety straight foward. I looked around but couldnt find a comparison.

By the way...  this thing is crazy cool. I dont know how I am going to be able to put it away in a box and not play with it for the next 5 months. I may have to save some money and get myseld an Anikin.

Offline Sunrider

• Unlimited Brightness!!! RRROOAARRR!!!
  • Master Force User
Re: Stock FX brightnes VS luxeon conversion.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »
It depends what led you use. A normal lux is about 5 watts. There are also 10, 20, and 25 watt led setups.

Offline 92hatchattack

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »
Well, i dont want to be too much of a bother as its not something I am looking to do riht now, but for those who know, what LUX would match the brightness of the stock led strip, and which one would be a significant upgrade.

And how much would it cost to do such upgrade so the saber would be battle ready and really bright..  but nothing else....  Do power souces have to change?

Thanks guys!

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »
A standard conversion doesn't change the power source.  How much brighter a conversion will be depends not only on the LED you use, but also what color FX Saber you have.  The Seoul P4 is often used because you do not change the power source and it is a nice bright, even LED.  The red is definitely brighter, the blues and greens are probably about equal, although more durable.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline 92hatchattack

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 05:34:58 PM »
Ive heard in just the stock form the blue and green are a good amount brighter than the red which i can understand.

Im guessing it offers a more consistant glow as well, as I can notice that stock one has individual LEDs under certain light.

Cost? I see the ultraforce is around $100.  Are there better, higher priced options of do the prices usually run right around there?

Thanks for all the help guys....  if there is an old thread that has all this info in it or something maybe someone could point me to it.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »
We do standard conversions starting at $99 and use all metal bladeholders.  I think a lot of the other smiths are in a similar range.  Some models cost more to convert than others ;).

Facebook: VVFB

Offline 92hatchattack

• No Force
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 06:18:25 PM »
^^^ Who is "We" so i can look into it for the future?

Offline Sunrider

• Unlimited Brightness!!! RRROOAARRR!!!
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
 They are Vaders Vault like in her sig & the smith section.

retrousse