fiduciary

Author Topic: $40 FX sabers?  (Read 4379 times)

Offline ijbrekke

• No Force
  • Don't mess with....Iowa. What?
$40 FX sabers?
« on: January 22, 2006, 10:23:09 AM »
I've seen a few posts here and there about amazing sub $40 lightsaber finds (mostly Anakin ROTS), and I gotta ask: Where in the world are these deals coming from? Ebay? The cheapest I've seen personally on there is about $50 + $20 shipping. If anyone is willing to share as to how they are getting these so cheap I would love to benefit from that knowledge  ;)

I wonder what will happen to prices when the Maul and Obi come out. What, are they gonna start paying us to take them off of their hands then? These are getting ridiculously cheap. I thought I got a killer deal on my Luke ROTJ when I paid $93 back in November. Now that's pretty common. I see another Sting FX sword on the horizon.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
Re: $40 FX sabers?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 10:34:51 AM »
I read yesterday that MR has (finally) discontinued the production of the Anakin ROTS,
and has already changed over that production line to produce only Obi-Wan ROTS now instead.

(ie:they've completed the final production-run of 'Anakin ROTS' and it will never be produced again)

--> given a year, the prices on Anakin ROTS will rebound and eventually climb higher than the original retail price.
right now there is a 'glut' of AnakinROTS on the market, because they actually produced more than the 'current' demand is calling for *
(supply > demand)

but just wait a year.   
Anakin ROTS will become just as 'Collectible' as all the other discontinued saber models

---------------------

* (IMO) they should have "warehoused" a bunch of Anakin ROTS in order to limit supply and keep the demand strong.
instead they've flooded the market with AnakinROTS and destroyed demand for it --> the only choice now is to discontinue the product and move on.
a smart collector will buy 3-4 of these and "warehouse" them in his closet :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 10:40:34 AM by Cobalt60 »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 11:03:41 AM »
People should NOT sell there sabers for $50 as this lowers the value o9f the fx sabers,But always make sure that you are not buying from scammers!

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 11:39:26 AM »
If you find a $40 saber deal, then it is most likely not a fully functional or "new out of the box" saber.   There is most likely something wrong with it.

I'd much rather pay the full $119 from MR or a retailer and be SURE that I am getting one that has never been used by any one else.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Junta Baill

• Padawan Learner
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 12:29:01 PM »
Pay full price for something???

MR is using a Jedi Mind trick on you.

Offline ijbrekke

• No Force
  • Don't mess with....Iowa. What?
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 01:03:50 PM »
I'd much rather pay the full $119 from MR or a retailer and be SURE that I am getting one that has never been used by any one else.

As would I, however there is a large difference between $120 and $40, especially for a college student. I could AFFORD a $40 Anakin saber, but full price is just too much for me at this point. I guess I'll keep my eyes open.

xwingband

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 01:12:12 PM »

As would I, however there is a large difference between $120 and $40, especially for a college student. I could AFFORD a $40 Anakin saber, but full price is just too much for me at this point. I guess I'll keep my eyes open.

You may find a great deal but it's a rare find.  Otherwise what's the point of buying a potentially busted saber?  Then you'd have to resell or buy another.

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »
$40 for an FX saber is pretty alarming. I wouldn't jump such an opportunity, as they're definitely worth more than that. As some have mentioned, sabers sold for that price are likely to have some sort of ineffectiveness. I'm a fan of the $100 pricepoint, as it's affordable, and in a range that basically ensures you're getting a new saber... if you order it or buy it from a respected dealer.

I've been toying around with the idea of getting a second Anakin saber for dueling with and playing around with more than I do my base collection. If it's being discontinued, I may need to go ahead and get one.
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »
Yes... It's best to get one or two now while the big chain stores are trying to blow out stock ;)

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 11:47:08 PM »
Apparently all the Borders and Spencer's Gift stores in town are all out of FFX sabers. Two of the Border's stores said they only had the Luke ROTJ for $99. Those were basically the only stores that sold them around here. However, that Target deal of $79.99 sounds kinda nice...
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 01:59:43 AM »
Ya in a year I bet you there will still be Anakin sabers available in stores. hahaha Depends though because I am sure once Obi-wan comes out then everyone will buy that "blue" saber instead of a year old Anakin. Just in my opinion. I am trying to think how someone new to sabers would think like for instance they see it at bestbuy and ask a salesmen which one is better they will say well the Obi-wan is newer so I would think it is better.
"Impossible, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium."- Ki-Adi-Mundi

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 08:22:20 AM »
Pay full price for something???

MR is using a Jedi Mind trick on you.

haha

MR is the Palpatine to my Anakin.

They don't call themselves MASTER Replicas for nothing hee hee

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline sycor

• Master Force User
  • Um...Hello?
    • Soylent-Red
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 06:48:47 PM »
Ya in a year I bet you there will still be Anakin sabers available in stores. hahaha Depends though because I am sure once Obi-wan comes out then everyone will buy that "blue" saber instead of a year old Anakin. Just in my opinion. I am trying to think how someone new to sabers would think like for instance they see it at bestbuy and ask a salesmen which one is better they will say well the Obi-wan is newer so I would think it is better.

But then again the Anakin will look more like the now re-retired Luke which everyone loves so much.

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 01:48:48 PM »
"I read yesterday that MR has (finally) discontinued the production of the Anakin ROTS"

Hey Cobalt60  where did you read that at? and what about the Vader and Windus?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 02:35:02 PM by Kit Fisto »
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 01:57:40 PM »
I just picked up and Anakin the metal edition for 89.00 at gamestop
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

retrousse