fiduciary

Author Topic: Dueling with Mace ROTS saber  (Read 2056 times)

Offline M477AC

• No Force
Dueling with Mace ROTS saber
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:13:52 PM »
Has anyone ever successfully done it? It looks rather hard with the on/off switch where it can easily be pushed.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Re: Dueling with Mace ROTS saber
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:23:05 PM »
Has anyone ever successfully done it? It looks rather hard with the on/off switch where it can easily be pushed.

Are you asking if anyone has ever successfully dueled with this saber without shutting it off accidentally?

Btw, if you're referring to a stock Mace FX, then you shouldn't duel with it at all - as the LEDs can easily break.   

But whether it's a stock or luxeon Mace FX, the switch on this saber does indeed turn on and off very easily during spins.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:33:21 PM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

Offline M477AC

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »

Are you asking if anyone has ever successfully dueled with this saber without shutting it off accidentally?

Btw, if you're referring to a stock Mace FX, then you shouldn't duel with it at all - as the LEDs can easily break.   

But whether it's a stock or luxeon Mace FX, the switch on this saber does indeed turn on and off very easily during spins.

Thanks.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 10:38:39 PM »
For my Mace saber I put a small piece of chrome tape right in front of the on/off switch, flush with the switch while it is off. That way when it is on, the bottom of the switch snags the chrome tape just slightly giving the switch a little more resistence. The tape is not noticeable and does make powering the saber off require a little more effort then what it originally had.

The Mace saber looks great while spinning, but it is heavy and the size of the hilt makes it clumsy.

Offline Darth Akira

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 12:11:56 PM »
nope mines just for show and i cant even take off the blade, i asked ultra sabers for help after i bought it but kinda gave up after some of their tips didnt really work and ended up twisting off the black grip off and had to super glue it back on

its too tight in the blade holder, but considering it constantly shut off on me thats why its just for show and im fine with that for now :|

Offline vortextwist

• formerly known as vortextwist
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 12:19:41 PM »
when I converted my mace I actually turned the switch around so that pushing the switch down would turn it on.

Offline Darth Scythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 01:02:37 PM »
when I converted my mace I actually turned the switch around so that pushing the switch down would turn it on.
I've turned the switch around on a couple of my sabers as well.(Luke ANH and Luke ROTJ) I don't find the Mace ROTS to be clumsy for spins. I grip it single-handed at the ribbed gold mid-point with ring and pinkie fingers on the rubber ribbed section. The on/off switch and the length of the blade are what I find impede my spinning experience. Once I get it converted and use a 32" blade it shouldn't be a problem.
Vader's Vault OSPP stunt "Majesty"
Do-Clo Yoda Lux III Red
Ultrasabers Luke ROTJ Lux III LedEngin 5 watt Green w/emitter upgrade
MR Luke ANH Stock
General Grievous/LDM Mace Windu ROTS TruPurple with windowed emitter
MHS saber \\\"Civil Elegance/Elegant Civility\\\" W.I.P.

retrousse