fiduciary

Author Topic: Repainted Gold Mace FX Pieces  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
Repainted Gold Mace FX Pieces
« on: September 11, 2007, 06:28:28 PM »
Well since most of the paint on almost all the gold Mace pieces of the FX saber has worn off now, I bought some Krylon primer and Plasti-Kote spray paint at Wally World today and repainted the gold pieces.  I have to get a sealer for the pieces so the paint does not come off.  I do intend to fully convert the Mace FX saber into a Luxeon with Adgen Silver color, though it will have to wait a few months.  In the mean time I will be leaving the saber apart so I can convert it later.

However as a little treat so to speak, here are two images of the repainted pieces.  I know they don't look that great in the pictures but in person it looks pretty damn good and I personally like it better than what was originally on there.  Comments are welcomed.

With Flash

Clicky

No Flash

Clicky
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 06:30:25 PM by GREEDO »

Offline RogueJedi

• Vagabond Master
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back!
Re: Repainted Gold Mace FX Pieces
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 06:47:26 PM »
I think they look better now. I think when I get my converted Mace I'll have to do that as well because I really like that gold more than the one that comes on it.

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 08:01:48 PM »
Yeah it dosent look all blinged out, I think a sideious v2 style paint on a mace hilt would look killer.

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:05:01 PM »
That's sweet, Greeds! I have to do that to my fading Mace Luxeon. It's actually something I can do in a few weeks while my leg heals! That is AWESOME, GREEDO! ;D

BTW, how did you paint the Electrum areas without touching the Chrome? Did you remove the buttons? or did you carefully cover the Chrome areas? What kind of sealer are you going to use? :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 08:09:12 PM by GOVERNOR TARKIN »

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 08:11:21 PM »
Thanks all. :)

Ya Governor, you should do it to your Mace.  Trust me it looks a whole lot better now.  As I said I never cared for the original gold that was on there, too shiny in my opinion.  I might repaint the neck of my Obi-Wan FX saber too like this when I get it converted next year.

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 08:36:32 PM »
The mace should just dissassemble like mhs stuff. everything of the hilt comes apart.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 02:45:44 AM »
Holy de-blinging batman! :o

That looks MUCH better than a stock Mace! Perhaps a semi-gloss sealer to give it a bit more shine (not too much, just enough to seal and protect the paint) and that puppy will look awesome!

Great Job Greedo! 8)

retrousse