fiduciary

Author Topic: Official FX-Sabers.com Saber Spin Tutorial DVD  (Read 50625 times)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Re: Official FX-Sabers.com Saber Spin Tutorial DVD
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2009, 04:52:06 PM »
Yes that is exactly why I ordered one...I'm much too olde to be another "Star Wars Kid" lolol
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2010, 05:49:57 AM »
These still available?

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2010, 07:55:01 PM »
Yes, they are.  PM me if you want more info.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline silmero

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2010, 07:57:59 PM »
Just a small review:

I just got my DVD two days ago and I love it- after reviewing the first lesson a few times I realized I was going about trying to spin it in a totally wrong way, it looked very jerky and not fluid at all. After checking out hand movements and how to hold the saber I was able to finally able to get the basic spin down, trying the more advanced lessons this weekend.

Thanks for the great DVD Anakin!

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2010, 09:13:32 PM »
Hello, Mr. Anakin. Is there any chance that your spin DVDs will be included in a package with the new NovaCaine martial arts saber DVDs, or must we still order them separately? It'd be nice to get them all in one fell swoop and segue from spins to martial arts afterward. ^_^

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2010, 10:22:59 PM »
Hello, Mr. Anakin. Is there any chance that your spin DVDs will be included in a package with the new NovaCaine martial arts saber DVDs, or must we still order them separately? It'd be nice to get them all in one fell swoop and segue from spins to martial arts afterward. ^_^

Funny that you mention that...

Anakin and us are working something out...and that is all that I am going to say at the moment until the details are finalized.

I feel that this spin tutorial DVD is ESSENTIAL for ANY saberplayer and that if you order our DVD, you need to order Anakin's as a supplement. It will only complete your saberplay skills.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2010, 01:15:00 AM »
Funny that you mention that...

Anakin and us are working something out...and that is all that I am going to say at the moment until the details are finalized.

I feel that this spin tutorial DVD is ESSENTIAL for ANY saberplayer and that if you order our DVD, you need to order Anakin's as a supplement. It will only complete your saberplay skills.

Thank you, sir. Perhaps there are really no such things as coincidences after all...

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2010, 02:12:33 AM »
Yes definitely everyone here who wants to use not just build and display sabers should definitely get this 5-star tutorial DVD just as they should Caine and Novastar's new one when it comes out...i found this to complement Caine's original DVD nicely and am sure it will continue to be an excellent purchase for saber newcomers...as Siskel and Ebert used to say; two thumbs way up.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2010, 02:37:27 PM »
I'm following this now, and waiting for the update on the package DVD set.
I think I can use some dualling skills myself, seeing what some can do with their sabers.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2010, 10:01:25 AM »
While at Star Wars Celebration V, I met Ray Park and while getting his autograph. I gave him a copy of my DVD.

I told him that I know that he can't learn anything from it, but I wanted to show him what he helped inspire me to do to help others out there get more out of their sabers

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2010, 10:56:45 AM »
Now that is really cool, giving lessons to Mr. Maul.
Do you want him to get better skilled and kill Obi too?

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
While at Star Wars Celebration V, I met Ray Park and while getting his autograph. I gave him a copy of my DVD.

I told him that I know that he can't learn anything from it, but I wanted to show him what he helped inspire me to do to help others out there get more out of their sabers
That's dope, Paul!  :)  I'm still looking forward to getting together someday (or at least doing a phone call) regarding getting our stuff all "together", heheh.

Also... you shouldn't think too much about whether or not person X, Y or Z (or Ray Park) can or cannot learn from your work.  Ray Park is a martial artist... which means he HAS BEEN a student... and (depending on his perspective) that means he will probably always BE a student.  :)

I find myself learning from all sorts of people, of all ages, from all walks of life... as long as I keep an open mind.  I mean, really... take "tricking" as an example.  I'm an OLD MAN compared to a lot of the "kids" I trick with... and they are all *WAAAAAAY* better than me.

So... not to de-rail, but... in my silly little eyes: the student IS the master... and the master is the student--and vice-versa... always.  :)
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2010, 08:56:05 PM »
Sounds like my mentor's take on the Beginner's Mind. :)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2010, 09:26:14 AM »

Ray Park is a martial artist... which means he HAS BEEN a student... and (depending on his perspective) that means he will probably always BE a student.  :) ...

... So... not to de-rail, but... in my silly little eyes: the student IS the master... and the master is the student--and vice-versa... always.  :)

Great point Nova...afterall at the end of ROTS even the GrandMaster of the Order himself became a humble Padawan again of Qui Gon.

*in Yoda voice* If 900 years old you reach, still something to learn there will be ummhmm?

Offline Skipernicus

• No Force
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2010, 11:06:41 AM »

I'm still debating on if I will put a label on the DVD disc itself as I fear it might interfere with the playing of the DVD.

I wouldn't. I've had more problems with labels than with scratches... Computers hate 'em. I think Liteon makes a drive that will etch  your dvd - I think that would be a much more elegant solution. Andthe drive itself is cheap ($25 or so)

http://www.amazon.com/Lite-LightScribe-Layer-Drive-IHAS424-98/dp/B002SIMPXM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top [nofollow]

retrousse