fiduciary

Author Topic: Please welcome PRIZM  (Read 13102 times)

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Please welcome PRIZM
« on: October 10, 2014, 11:06:19 PM »
Please Welcome the PRIZM 3.5  

The PRIZM sound board is essentially a PC3 board (with the same 16 bit audio engine) that was "pre-hacked" for single cell use, and minus the onboard luxeon driver, which results as a direct drive board with 3 channel color mixing. Though single cell comes with its bunch of cons, 30% less loud than a PC, minimum, no current regulation and what I call "pseudo color mixing" since LEDs aren't current driven, nor regulated, it's a great bridge to allow a board with an excellent sound quality to fit a smaller saber where a only a single cell can fit and still benefit of multi-die LED color mixing and real time color switching.

FEATURES

- [new] Up to 10 color profiles allowing the real time color change within a font. The use of a momentary is preferred as more natural to switch color, but I've added support for latching too.
- [new] up to 6 sound fonts. Now with automatic font amount detection, board ships with the PC3 usual set of 3 fonts, but you can have only 2 or 6 if you like.
- [new] dimensions : 40.5 x 23.5 x 6.5 mm

Production is still "shy" for that board, we will look at how it takes up (or not). But be sure I have all the parts and PCBs to make a lot more !
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 11:11:10 PM by erv »

Offline garymorris2

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • grey jedi
Re: Please welcome PRIZM
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 11:11:34 PM »
SWEEET!!!!!!!!! when will it hit the market? also will we still be able to get pcv3s? AWESOME!!!!!

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 11:18:22 PM »
sure, PC is here to stay (meant for 2 cells, color extender if needed, louder etc, but still simpler and cheaper than the CF).

Transit time to TCSS is usually 5-6 days, so there should be stock by the end of the upcoming week at TCSS store.

Offline garymorris2

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • grey jedi
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 11:22:28 PM »
AWESOME!!!! thanks for the info my friend have a great morning

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 11:31:37 PM »
I for one am happy for the variants. I can see both boards being used extensively. (PRIZM being very well suited to MHS V2 Builds) but I am happy the original PC will stick around. For builds without color mixing (my preference)  two cells with a constant blade brightness and sound volume trump smaller build footprints. Thanks to you and yours for making it a reality.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline XsaberX

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 06:03:38 AM »
Very exciting. Almost just ordered from your site and then saw that you asked people who live in America to wait until TCSS has stock later this week. Also PC3.5 already revealed on site, and I assume CF7.5 soon to follow = Great!

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 07:00:35 AM »
Whoa I'm getting lite headed. This is too exciting  :))

Offline XsaberX

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 07:20:49 AM »
Question regarding color profiles: does each font have the ability to have up to 10 distinct profiles, or can you assign any of up to 10 overall color profiles to any font (e.g font 1 has profiles 1,3, and 4; font 2 has profiles 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8; etc.), or do the up to 10 color profiles you choose overall remain consistent in choice and order across all fonts (i.e. whatever color profile you are on, the next one is always the next in sequence)?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 07:37:41 AM by XsaberX »

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 08:03:49 AM »
Question regarding color profiles: does each font have the ability to have up to 10 distinct profiles, or can you assign any of up to 10 overall color profiles to any font (e.g font 1 has profiles 1,3, and 4; font 2 has profiles 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8; etc.), or do the up to 10 color profiles you choose overall remain consistent in choice and order across all fonts (i.e. whatever color profile you are on, the next one is always the next in sequence)?

yes, totally possible. However, RICE will always save the profiles in the override file, which applies for the saber, otherwise that's a nightmare in the GUI to define where you want those settings saved. So I went with the option that once your have defined your profiles (you can even write them in a text file as you author them in RICE), you save them in the font config file and remove them from override. This will be overridden if you edit settings again via RICE but if you're finishing the saber, that will work.

this can allow multiple profiles in multiple fonts, or also several shades of blue in one font, several shades of purple in another font, etc.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 08:15:01 AM »
Very exciting. Almost just ordered from your site and then saw that you asked people who live in America to wait until TCSS has stock later this week. Also PC3.5 already revealed on site, and I assume CF7.5 soon to follow = Great!

Did you all notice the text on PC 3.5?  This is so exciting!

"v3.5 now embeds the color profiles just like Prizm. Combining the aux switch and the activator switch, the user can browse several color in a single font."

So Professor Hyung, you can have your cake and eat it too :)). 

Facebook: VVFB

Offline XsaberX

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 08:15:48 AM »
Awesom!!!

yes, totally possible. However, RICE will always save the profiles in the override file, which applies for the saber, otherwise that's a nightmare in the GUI to define where you want those settings saved. So I went with the option that once your have defined your profiles (you can even write them in a text file as you author them in RICE), you save them in the font config file and remove them from override. This will be overridden if you edit settings again via RICE but if you're finishing the saber, that will work.

this can allow multiple profiles in multiple fonts, or also several shades of blue in one font, several shades of purple in another font, etc.

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »

Did you all notice the text on PC 3.5?  This is so exciting!

"v3.5 now embeds the color profiles just like Prizm. Combining the aux switch and the activator switch, the user can browse several color in a single font."

So Professor Hyung, you can have your cake and eat it too :)).

That is great news!

Quick question though. If I have a PCv3 and a CFv7 do I need to send the boards in to MH/erv to be upgraded to 3.5/7.5 or is it a firmware update that I can apply via SD card? I only ask because I just had a CFv7 + CEx install completed this week, which means I would just miss out on CFv7.5 if it needs to be upgraded by MH/erv, lol.

Also, will the color-changing option within fonts on PCv3.5 will still work if its a hacked board, right? If I am thinking of it correctly it will only work with a hacked board unless you just want different hues.

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 10:52:28 AM »
If the boards are inside hilts, but are easily accessible then the update can be done without having to un-install them. There isn't any way to do it via the SD card. I would contact MH and ask what, if anything he would charge to update the boards. The hacked board shouldn't affect the update as it just allows a 'feature' to work rather than changing the way it is able to mix colors.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2014, 10:56:14 AM »
what SK said above  :)

Offline Khal

• Formerly known as Khal1993
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2014, 11:19:18 AM »
Just bought my self a PRIZM Board. This will go into my Ki-Adi Mundi hilt and would work perfectly! Thanks erv' for this!

Also picked up a couple of NBv2.0 as well.

Now just waiting on te CF7.5 and the PC3.5. I'll be getting some of those as well when they're available!

:))

retrousse