fiduciary

Author Topic: FS: Saberz APOLLYON HILTS (empty) and Z-BLADES  (Read 10824 times)

Offline Zenkai

• Force User
    • Saberz.com
FS: Saberz APOLLYON HILTS (empty) and Z-BLADES
« on: March 04, 2014, 02:19:49 PM »
Due to the continuing burden of constantly-changing rules here at FX, the most recent of which seem specifically aimed at preventing me from succeeding here, I'm no longer going to sell my products via the FX Trade Federation.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:28:21 PM by Saberz »

Offline The Doctor

• Force User
  • ALLONS-Y
Re: FS: Saberz APOLLYON HILTS (empty) and Z-BLADES
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 07:31:41 PM »
Wow... lovely and remarkably close to some of the prefered movie sabers! Nice.

Offline ShadyCanuck

• Experienced Force User
  • Member of River City Jedi
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 12:11:56 PM »
Congratulations on the new saber line.  The Z-core system is quite intriging.  I have an Igniter-Mini and Z6 that I was going to put in a smaller US V2 hilt for my son, but I am seriously considering building him an Apollyon instead.  He's pretty keen on dueling (we're in our local dueling club - RCJ) so Saberz's core philosophy (pardon the pun) fits well with how we use our sabers.  And being Canadian, metric system measurements don't bother me in the least.

What I would like is some detail on is how the internal electronics (sound card, Li Ion battery, and speaker) should be mounted so that they don't rattle around.  The whole "it's stuffed so tight that nothing can move" approach doesn't really cut it in my opinion. I don't really what anything bumping around against my $150 soundboard, plus it is important to have the clash sensor mounted securely. After all, this is a dueling saber so it is going to take alot of hits. 

If not some kind of chassis or cradle, then what?  The internal diameter of the of Z-core appears to be 28mm or 1.1 inches, so does anyone currently make a Shapeways Igniter Mini tray for 1.1 inches diameter?  And if not, perhaps Saberz should get someone to design one?

And the pommel doesn't appear to be vented but the switch plate is, so what kind of speaker configuration and components does Saberz recommend?

Thanks in advance.  I really hope this takes off because not everyone who plays with sabers has man-sized hands.
Do or do not. There is no try.

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 12:21:43 PM »
With the foot print of the igniter mini being larger then average, and the z-6 depleting a 18650 battery fast, there realy is not another option then to slide the board and batt into the hilt and protect it with a plastic sleeve.

I suggest trying a different board. I had had no problem fitting a single cell modded cf6 in to the unit, also w/ a rice port. The cf6 doesnt require the satelite board and is shorter then the ignitor mini.
Also single cell modded would not require a resistor for the red as you would run it on the main led pad.
This one done in a very secure fashion, no rattling, no chance of shorts to hilt ground.

Offline ShadyCanuck

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 01:58:47 PM »
So how did you secure the 18650 battery and the CF6 in the hilt, or did you just place it in a plastic tube/sleeve?  And what speaker configuration did you use?  Did you drill out the pommel for sound and mount some kind of speaker holder?  Or did you back vent the sound somehow?

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »
there are many different options, the option we have done which has worked well is to put the speaker bewteen the switch plate and the heat sink.
That way the sound goes right thru the switch plate vents.

Even when your hand covers  the switchs plate you can still hear it.

Offline Zenkai

• Force User
    • Saberz.com
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »
Justin has answered all the questions perfectly, so it doesn't look like I need to add anything. Except one thing: the Apollyon pommels CURRENTLY don't have vents pre-drilled. You'll soon be able to buy them WITH vents. Every future pommel ALSO has vents. AND, if you get an Apollyon pommel WITHOUT vents, and decide you simply must have them, it'd be a very easy operation with a dremel to add them. The relief would act as a routing guide. Does that make sense?

In any event, we have you covered whether you want to use reverse sound via the Switchplate vents or standard sound via the pommel vents. As Justin correctly mentioned, the Saberz hilts with Prizm are quite loud, and covering either set of vents doesn't silence the saber :-)

there are many different options, the option we have done which has worked well is to put the speaker bewteen the switch plate and the heat sink.
That way the sound goes right thru the switch plate vents.

Even when your hand covers  the switchs plate you can still hear it.

Offline Zenkai

• Force User
    • Saberz.com
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 02:50:12 PM »
Oh, and one other thing. You definitely CAN fit an Igniter Mini into an Apollyon hilt (and therefore, ANY upcoming Saberz hilt, since they all use the same center piece, called the Module, which houses all the electronics). I've successfully installed an Igniter Mini myself, in much the same way that Justin has described the Prizm installs. But I agree with Justin that the better bet is to just use Prizm :-)  For one thing, with Igniter Mini, you lose the ability to use threaded ZCS pommels or couplers. This is because the Igniter Mini is longer, and has to take up the space where the Module's pommel threads are. Therefore, you'd only be able to use the sleeve-type pommels (Apollyon, Oracle, Kapulus).

Offline ShadyCanuck

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 03:54:04 PM »
Sorry, but it is still not clear to me how you secured the 18650 battery and CF6 in the Apollyon hilt.  Did I miss something, or is there another thread detailing this process?

Steve

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 04:24:55 PM »
Sorry, but it is still not clear to me how you secured the 18650 battery and CF6 in the Apollyon hilt.  Did I miss something, or is there another thread detailing this process?

Steve
The most common way,
Double sided tape to secure board to the battery, protective plastic over the board and around the battery.
Then carefully puched into the hilt without pinching or cutting wires.

You more then likely are not be able to make or install a 3d printed chassis with this set up unless you use a small battery.
The chassis on shapeways for Igniter mini are mostly for Mhs size hilts.

Can you please direct your questions on this thread instead of the sale thread here, we are kinda clouding it up :shy:

Saberz hilts - the 2014 lineup

thanks!

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 06:54:45 PM »
On topic inquiry if I may.

Given that the pictures indicate that all emitters are semi-gloss, is there any particular benefit in offering the matte module, knowing it won't match the semi-gloss emitter?

Are future emitters planned in semi-gloss finishes such that getting the semi-gloss finish now would be beneficial? I haven't kept up with the whole development.

Also, is there any particular reason that in the blade photos your tips look more full than the blades they're attached to?

Thanks!

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 07:01:25 PM »
BTW
My comments reflect the opinions of me and me only.
So if you have a problem with them PM me and contact me.

Do not request anything from anyone else or complain to anyone else.
Thank you

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 07:05:21 PM »
Om
On topic inquiry if I may.

Given that the pictures indicate that all emitters are semi-gloss, is there any particular benefit in offering the matte module, knowing it won't match the semi-gloss emitter?

Are future emitters planned in semi-gloss finishes such that getting the semi-gloss finish now would be beneficial? I haven't kept up with the whole development.

Also, is there any particular reason that in the blade photos your tips look more full than the blades they're attached to?

Thanks!

Not sure if the Matte ones will always be available, for now they signify which are the stunts and which are the Prizm modules.

I believe all future emitters are semi gloss as of now.

They both are great finishes
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:47:10 PM by Justintmars »

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 10:22:01 PM »

Steve
The most common way,
Double sided tape to secure board to the battery, protective plastic over the board and around the battery.

You more then likely are not be able to make or install a 3d printed chassis with this set up unless you use a small battery.

End quote

When using the tape and plastic wrap method with a PC or Cf install is there still enough room to mix and match the different ends and couplers?

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 11:13:34 PM »

Steve
The most common way,

End quote

When using the tape and plastic wrap method with a PC or Cf install is there still enough room to mix and match the different ends and couplers?

The electronics are all housed in the Zcs module.
The emitters,shrouds and pommels can all be installed on top
of the module the way that I have installed a single cell modded Cf6 and Prizm.

Hope that answers the question ?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:22:24 PM by BOBA FETT »

retrousse