fiduciary

Author Topic: Sparkâ„¢ by Naigon's Electronic Creations - IA's POC Build #1  (Read 5426 times)

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
Sparkâ„¢ by Naigon's Electronic Creations - A New Mid Range Saber Sound Board Available NOW

Greeting saber fans! It is my great honor to finally unveil the work that has gone in to the newest sound board from Naigon! Sparkâ„¢ is a small but powerful mid-range sound board that is ready for prime time. I have been testing it extensively and will be showing off the first build that I completed. Over the next several days, I'll be showing off other Sparkâ„¢ builds.

The saber I chose for my first install with Sparkâ„¢ is a Master Replicas Yoda. It is a tiny saber and the perfect way to show off a tiny board. This saber has a Tri-Rebel GGRo (161lm greens running in parallel with a 134lm red-orange die on color 2). Sparkâ„¢ runs off of <5v so my battery solution of choice for my Sparkâ„¢ builds is a single 18650. Sparkâ„¢ can easily be mounted on top of the battery or, better yet, on top of an 18650 holder to make your install incredibly easy.

Naigon has posted a full thread on all of the features and functions available in Sparkâ„¢ so I won't get in to them much here in the post. I have created a full demo video that starts with the board and wiring, moves on to the configuration and then wraps with a video of my first build.

I'm very excited to see Sparkâ„¢ hit the streets. Boards are being reflowed as I post this and will be shipping at the beginning of next week. Boards are for sale at http://www.saberigniter.com

Now enjoy the show!

Pics!

Offline mkadvil

• Experienced Force User
Re: Sparkâ„¢ by Naigon's Electronic Creations - IA's POC Build #1
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »
so the fixed effects look really awesome, but i did not see any FoC. Does that board configure for FoC? or just the aux buttons?

Offline blackluc

• Master Force User
  • Lord Saevius
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 12:29:35 PM »
Awesome board!  Pretty small and offers a lot.  I just didn't like the colors during effects.  Is went from green to orange, instead of still having the green with a flickering orange.

French Canadian Sith Lord

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 12:51:44 PM »
I'm not sure what you guys are asking? The flash effects and the configurations for the effects are shown in the video. Can you clarify?

@blackluc - if you have a green die on and you flash the red-orange die, that's the color you get. How would you keep the colors separate?

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 12:59:40 PM »
Ok, my Yoda conversion was good, but yours wins.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline mkadvil

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 01:35:35 PM »
Posted by: IndustrialAction
Insert Quote
I'm not sure what you guys are asking? The flash effects and the configurations for the effects are shown in the video. Can you clarify?

@blackluc - if you have a green die on and you flash the red-orange die, that's the color you get. How would you keep the colors separate?
Posted on: Today at 01:29:35 PM Posted by: blackluc
Insert Quote
Awesome board!  Pretty small and offers a lot.  I just didn't like the colors during effects.  Is went from green to orange, instead of still having the green with a flickering orange.
Posted on: Today at 01:09:51 PM Posted by: mkadvil
Insert Quote
so the fixed effects look really awesome, but i did not see any FoC. Does that board configure for FoC? or just the aux buttons?

I think we are asking the same thing. Does it have a function like the plecterlabs FoC where a die flashes into the other colors or is it just 1 die takes over for a second? I hope this makes more sense.  ???

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 02:27:04 PM »
You configure how it acts. You can have the main stay on and flash the aux die or you can have the main shut off and the aux die flash by itself. You can also do increments of both to get the effect you're looking for. Even in a PL board if you would get the same result as I do when I have the main and aux going during the effect at full power.

Offline DarthAlice880

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 02:45:28 PM »
You configure how it acts. You can have the main stay on and flash the aux die or you can have the main shut off and the aux die flash by itself. You can also do increments of both to get the effect you're looking for. Even in a PL board if you would get the same result as I do when I have the main and aux going during the effect at full power.
Wow! and all of those features on one battery???? There goes some more of my next paycheck ;D
[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/d7de3aa0746a70e0.png[/img][/url]

Offline mkadvil

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 10:11:55 PM »
Quote from: IndustrialAction on Today at 03:27:04 PM
Wow! and all of those features on one battery? There goes some more of my next paycheck
ya thats really cool. jeese its in the US. cheaper than the CF. and has more features. cant ask for much more  :o

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 04:13:16 AM »
I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, haha, but I don't think the place of manufacture really matters and Spark is a mid range board (not as feature packed as a high end board)

There was a question in Naigon's Spark thread about accent LED support and I sort of glossed over it in my video. Spark has three accent LED pads and utilizes a common positive pad just like its big brother Igniter.

retrousse