Ok, Time to unvail a pet project that I've been working on since March. Specs:TCSS main hilt, pommel,rail speaker holder, PLI, kill-key, ribbed extension, blade holder #1 & 12" of shroud material. 2 14650 Trustfires, Plecter Labs 2 watt high bass speaker, Naigon's Igniter R-2 with Tr-color add on board, 10WattLEDengin RGBA , also RGB 5 mm LED for crystal lighting.
The more & more I delve into this hobby, the more sabers designs that I see & would of course like to own. I've been intrigued by the starkiller design since getting into this hobby last fall. Of course after looking at customs on the market, auction sites ,here, etc, I started to get an idea of how I could build one of these sabers from available parts & a bit of amateur machining & of course I've been playing through the 1st TFU & am stuck at beating proxy in his Maul form (I even red-ringed my x-box overheating it trying to beat the punk!)
After looking around , I found a pattern for qraflex/reflex front section, picked up some MHS parts & studied the game shots closely(especially the saber modification menu screen for the crystal chamber) I have to give credit where it is due of course, Thanks to Vader's Vault & Fender-Benders tutorial on the switches, also A big Thanks !!! to Naigon for quickly upgrading my Igniter R-1 to an R-2, Also to all people here, and the great pix you guys post! I just finished this saber & wanted a very heavily weathered look & also pitting all over the hilt ( I would think that killing junk Guardians & cutting up their power sources, on top of a very acidic environment would tend to age a saber quickly
I also wanted a tru-color set-up for the different lock-up & blade options with the logic being that during the game you come across different Lightsaber holocrons that change the color & abilities of the blade.
Also studying the screen shots, I wanted the lines of the graflex pins to run in line with top hilt section's cut-out, I also opted for exposed wiring as in this screenshot
Also Thanks to Tim at the Custom Saber Shop for shipping out parts so quickly!, I designed this on the modular hilt section & machined the rest with my old drill press , a dremel tool, some files & sand-paper
I have been wanting to put in a PLI somewhere, I found enough space in the control box & linked the PLI directly to the re-charge port
Front section nearing cosmetic completion
Rail section with cut-out for sd-card removal
I also needed some rail discs ( I didnt know Sanjuro sold them on his site until after I made them
This is a "commandeered" nylon cutting board I hope my wife won't miss it's a very sturdy nylon that I machined for both battery holders, also the sound board and tru-color board
Here is the finished saber, it all works well & is set-up for easy changing of the sd-card, the battery/speaker section comes apart with 2 screws & quick disconnects
All wiring was done on the underside of the sounboard for both a clean look & also they are marked well. I usually build a blade plug when finished & I have been wanting a razor style plug & finally made one, this one has a turned brass center to simulate a turbine engine front section
It's been a challenge & can understand why a custom saber takes some time to build, Thanks for looking!