fiduciary

Author Topic: Sidious Lightsaber Work In Progress - UPDATE 03/23/13  (Read 22753 times)

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
Re: Sidious Lightsaber Work In Progress
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 04:43:40 PM »
Are you thinking about paint?  Or some kind of plating?  

Looks amazing so far.  How about a blade?  Any plans yet that you are willing to share?  So far you're making me eat my hat, but i'll save the last bite toll the electronics and blade are in.  :D

Yeah, not bad for "impossible" I believe the verdict of one individual was. ::)  It'll get there.   ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:47:58 PM by Forgetful Jedi Knight »

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
Excellent! I have been waiting on here for years to see a good Sidious with sound... And if there is a run... well, this is by far my favorite saber, so I might have to get in on it.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »
Hmm.  You thinking about real electrum plating?  That'd up the cost, methinks. 

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »
If you wanna go there FJK i'd be happy to pull up a screen accurate hilt pic.   ::)  this hilt is a nice saber and i'll be very interested to follow this thread, but screen accurate?  I stand my my original verdict of impossible without insanely difficult methods of holding a blade.  

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 04:50:35 PM »
chrome plating isnt too expensive would chrome plating be an option?
also cant you get different color chrome? it would look the part all nice and shiney
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:58:13 PM by Scorpion »

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 05:05:48 PM »
I definitely dig this saber, going to be watching this thread closely.  I also like the wider neck. I think it suits the saber well.

Good job Iggy.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Jagged Fel

• Experienced Force User
  • "I know lesson one.Don't grab the glowy end."
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »
Nice,I thought this would be a saber to never to be done...and here it is in the works.I guess if you want to do something bad enough there is always a way.
Can't wait to see how this turns out :) Great work so far Iggy.
Sabers so far:

Luke V2,US 2.5 with crystal chamber(by ALuke123)
MR Vader ESB
MR Luke ESB
MR Luke ROTJ
MR Obi-Wan ROTS
Leia(work in progress)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 05:56:03 PM »
Very nice! I really think that the neck (to me) doesn't look compromised too much from the original, and it's awesome that you can fit a 7/8" blade. I'll be following this one closely :)

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 08:00:17 PM »
chrome plating isnt too expensive would chrome plating be an option?
also cant you get different color chrome? it would look the part all nice and shiney

It will be shiny one way or another.  ;D

Hmm.  You thinking about real electrum plating?  That'd up the cost, methinks. 

Not quite electrum plating, but I do have ideas for the coating.  :D

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »
Quite cool indeed Iggy.

Depending on what material you are using for the emitter you might look into getting it Titanium Nitride finished which can be done in a very nice golden hue...I've seen it used on 'gold' firearms and it can look quite convincing and is very hard and durable.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »
If you wanna go there FJK i'd be happy to pull up a screen accurate hilt pic.   ::)  this hilt is a nice saber and i'll be very interested to follow this thread, but screen accurate?  I stand my my original verdict of impossible without insanely difficult methods of holding a blade.  

Always a skeptic.  :P

Alex, have a little faith. Where would we be today if Alexander Graham Bell hadn't invented the busy signal? Or Joseph Cotton hadn't invented the Cotton Gin?  :D

Hmmmm, the possibility of a Sidious with a 7/8 blade? This has me excited for sure because I trust Iggy's judgement and ability to get things done!

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 10:52:19 PM »

Always a skeptic.  :P

Alex, have a little faith. Where would we be today if Alexander Graham Bell hadn't invented the busy signal? Or Joseph Cotton hadn't invented the Cotton Gin?  :D

Hmmmm, the possibility of a Sidious with a 7/8 blade? This has me excited for sure because I trust Iggy's judgement and ability to get things done!

While I agree that being patient and supportive of Iggy's foray into this saber, I cannot condone the liable to Eli Whitney, true inventor of the cotton gin, in 1793. ::)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2012, 12:11:10 AM »

Alex, have a little faith. Where would we be today if Alexander Graham Bell hadn't invented the busy signal? Or Joseph Cotton hadn't invented the Cotton Gin?  :D

While I agree that being patient and supportive of Iggy's foray into this saber, I cannot condone the liable to Eli Whitney, true inventor of the cotton gin, in 1793. ::)

LOL, I know it was Eli Whitney....it was just Caine being silly. I tend to do that a lot.  :D

Offline Aus_Jedi_Killer

• Master Force User
  • You wanna buy some deathsticks? :D
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2012, 12:52:01 AM »
I think this looks fantastic! EXCELLENT job so far!
I think the 7/8" blade would be perfect for this!
Very eagerly awaiting the next update! :D
P.S. I am a believer and have faith that this can be done :D

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 01:11:47 AM »

LOL, I know it was Eli Whitney....it was just Caine being silly. I tend to do that a lot.  :D
Indeed.  I figured it was so, or that your last belt test featured 1 too many boots to the head.  my wife also said there was controversy about the cotton gin being invented by a woman, but as women couldn't legally hold patents, had him do it. 

Much as AG claims that this hilt cannot be done, the controversy rages on here as well ;D

retrousse