Hi there Saberland !
Today's new is the announcement of Petit Crouton 2.0 !
We though it was the right moment to pimp that little board. I started this redesign back in January then we went in beta testing and now it can go in the wild for you masses of saber junkies FEATURES
- Same motion detection as CFV5, with increased dynamic (better fine tuning of motion parameters).
- High-end 3D motion sensor
- Force effect sound
- 4 blaster sounds
- "RandomX" selection methods for swings, clash, blasters (ie, in most cases, never twice the same sound triggered in one sequence)
- Drop-in Compatibility with CF sound font (no remix / volume adjustment necessary)
- Font limited to 8 swings, 8 clashes and 4 blasters. Also Force and lockup.
- Single boot sound
- CFV5 volume
- 12 bit sound. The good news is that is sounds almost like the CF.
- 2A current
- 2 accent leds, 32 stages sequence with stop and loop instructions (using either 0 or 65535 for the delay)
- Flash on Clash™ with a FoC™ pad on the top of the board
- Larger & Labeled R.I.C.E. pads (still under the board)
- And still smooth ignition / retraction effect and flicker. No Pulse effect though.Other features
- Hum resume (resume) : defines if you come back to where the hum has been interrupted or not. Interesting for certain hums. Not sample accurate but resumes the hum in a ballpark of 10ms from where it's been interrupted by a fx sound
- Anti power off delay (offd) : adds a delay to the power off when cycling the activation switch and is adjustable. A useful alternative to A-POP, a couple of customers requested it, here it is.
- Led parameter now takes mA. To get 2A you would enter 2000, for 1.5A 1500 etc.
- Motion sensing thresholds now go up to 1023 (ls, hs, lc) : multiply your former CF configurations by 4.
- General sensitivity (i) is now an integer between 0 and 99. Same kind of value than on CFv5. Previously entered as float number (0.65) but is now 65.
- Wiring is very similar to current CF, down to the accent LEDs location and FoC pad.
- shorter than PC 1.6
- Updated version of the R.I.C.E. appHere is a list of the files used by the PC 2.0
You can drop a CF font directly onto the SD card (in the root directory not a subfolder) as the PC only uses what it needs and will just ignore the unused files of a CF font. No need to delete them.Here is a picture I took to compare the size of the board to the previous PC and CF for reference.
I also adapted the PCB to have the board header friendly. So the power supply and speaker pads are aligned to match a 2.54mm header
Here're the current configuration file :
//Petit Crouton 2.0
The LightMeat and DarkMeat sound packages are being finalized as I type this. The Petit Crouton 2.0 will be for sale at The Custom Saber Shop in a short while, around 10AM pacific time today.
or therehttp://www.thecustomsabershop.com/images/PC-2.0-Manual.pdfR.I.C.E. App v2
still beta, but it's been tested quite a lot already. I'm still missing a little help file, I should have that done very soon. I know, I have to make a MAC version too, I just need to grab one at work, no time to do that so far http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/PetitCrouton/PetitCroutonR.I.C.E_PCv2.zip
Some video demos will follow very soon in this thread for your leisure & pleasure !