while I’m working on the Mediator I want to show you the first proper CF-saber I made a few month ago.
So this was my first draft of the saber.
I wanted to have a simple design and it should also be no-frills so that it would be handy on stage. Unfortunately Tim from the TCSS told me he wouldn’t make custom blade holders. So I had to look for an alternative.
Then there was something special I wanted to have. I wanted the saber to be separable in few seconds. I asked JQ for help and that’s what they made for me:
It works very well until now although the srew is a litte unpractial, a push button with a spring would be better. I hope I can replace this coupling with one with a push button. Nevertheless it’s great.
The parts to build a chassis for the board and the batteries:
I started soldering the battery pack. I encased it in heat shrink to have good isolation.
Now I drilled holes for the switches and the recharge port.
After that I started abrading a 32mm PVC tube down to 1,25 so it should fit into the MHS extension.
Now I drilled holes in the chassis for switches, RP and the Covertec screw.
The I cut the PVC tube to the right lenght and tested the hub of the switches.
Next I cut a board to mount the CF and the batteries.
It should look like this:
Unfortunately I the heat shrink was to big for the ribbed extension, so I had to remove it and just fix the batteries with tape.
Now I glued the switches into the chassis
Everything to do now was the final assembly.
That’s it. A very simple but handy saber. Until now I did some modifications. I will report on that later. Good photos will follow, too.