fiduciary

Author Topic: Worse lightsaber mistake of your life?  (Read 10686 times)

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
Re: Worse lightsaber mistake of your life?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 03:40:20 PM »
Well this one is easy. Paying 230 € for a Mace AOTC 2004 Force Fx!  :D

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 03:47:32 PM »
how much does that come out to in United States Currency?
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 03:49:01 PM »
how much does that come out to in United States Currency?

It's something like 250 $ I think

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 03:50:38 PM »
oh my!!!!! why did you do it chancellor??? thats major coin!!! about $100 bucks here in the states.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 03:54:57 PM »
Back then when Revenge Of The Sith came these things were expensive, some other members have similar memories about this...

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006, 03:58:27 PM »
believe me i understand.....when i see something i want....i just buy it. im really bad like that, lol.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2006, 08:22:37 PM »
Okay, I've had a hard time with actually being able to talk about this here.  I feel really horrible about it happening and it has gotten me into the mindset that I would not be making any more Tutorials.

This is bad....

Everyone here has enjoyed my video tutorials on how to "spin" a lightsaber.  I've had fun making them and gotten great responses from them.  As most everyone knows I only use my Luke ROTJ LED to demonstrate the moves because it IS the easiest saber to spin.  Well, the time came when I promised to make tutorials showing some spins using 2 sabers at once(one in each hand)  So I did 4 more Tutorials showing some...but I like to do the Tutorials in sets of 5.  So I finally came across a move that would top the others and began to work on perfecting it and figuring it out so I could teach it.   So, there I am, outside in the grass with my ROTJ Luke LED in my left hand and My ROTJ Luke EL in my right(yes the 2003 version) So Im working on the movement and I loose my grip on my EL saber...it flys behind me and I hear a cruch as of metal on concrete!!  I wasn't far enough out from the back walkway when I was practicing and as the saber came out of my hand, the hilt hit the edge of the concrete.  I hurredly went and picked it up and inspected it....no major damage....but there was a good 1/2 inch of the very edge of the endcap that was just marred to heck.  I went inside to contemplate my folly.
I coudn't believe I would allow myself to put my EL Luke in jeopardy like that.  But after awhile I realized I could live with the small mark and I never planned on selling it, so the value doesn't concern me.  I just chalked it up as a battle-scar.
Now it gets bad....
I go outside the next day.  This time making sure im far enough out not to endanger my sabers again.  And I put my EL in my left hand this time since I lost the grip of it when it was in my right hand.  After about 10 minutes of working on the spin I was bringing my EL saber back from behind me in a spin movement and the blade hit the back of my leg pretty hard.
It was at that moment, I knew something went horribly wrong.  The saber didn't feel right anymore.  I moved it infront of me so I could look at it....the blade was coming out from the hilt at a 10degree angle!!!!    :o 
I was like, "OH NO!"  In a state of shock I try to straighten the blade.  Big Mistake.  I straigtened it and it broke off...hanging from the two wires going to the EL sheet.  I dropped my LED saber on the ground and just took my poor EL Luke inside to survey the damage.
The polycarbonate blade cracked and broke off right above where the topmost pin goes through it.   There was no way that it could be fixed.  One of the wires ended up coming loose from the connector to the EL, but I soldered that back together.  The saber still lights and has sound..but the blade is broken.  I need to find a replacement now and I will have to take apart my beloved EL Luke and try to fix it.
...as of right now.  My EL luke is safely tucked away in its original box with the blade just sitting in the hilt where it was once attached. :(

Thinking about why I would risk one of my most prized FFX's to make a video, went beyond me.  I couldn't figure it out.  Why would I risk as saber that couldn't be readily replaced??  So as of right now I don't feel like making anymore tutorials.  But that will probably change when the Maul comes out and I prolly have back-up sabers purchased.

Original Luke Skywalker ROTJ Force FX Lightsaber
2003-2006  RIP....I will miss you my old friend.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2006, 08:31:46 PM »
R.I.P.  :'(

Will you be making a double sided lightsaber tutorial when the Maul comes out? Because I don't want to get one without knowing how to use it. Ofcourse I can always teach myself like I did with the normal one-handed spins but I took me a while to get it all perfect. Well I hope you are not too tramatized and I hope you are able to find a replacement.

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2006, 04:24:40 AM »
Bandit I'm so sorry about your original Luke ROTJ EL FX, but I hope you'll find another one with reasonable price. This must feel pretty bad for you, because I know you're the master force fx collector with amazing collection. There's not many fx masters like you Bandit! I kinda fell down on my knees really worried when I hitted my Luke ROTJ (2005) to ceiling and the result was a little scratch to the tube, but to break down Luke EL, oh man  :'(, none of us know the agony that you must be feeling. How about we make this request for Mike acquiring a new one for you or fx-sabers t-shirt that says "This man gave all he had"  ;). 

Offline GioFX

• Master Force User
  • so say we all ...
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2006, 05:27:22 AM »
chancellor, 230€ are $274 !!  AARGH
anyway my (only for the moment) bad moment was when the mace hit the ceiling and the end cap fly out ... considering all I'm really lucky, the Anakin ROTS crashed on floor (attempting some spin) a couple of time but no damage to report...

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2006, 06:00:03 AM »
I dropped my LED ROTJ on concrete.  TWICE!  The first time, it knocked the sound down to about half its volume.  The second time, sound went bye bye.  So I got the new one I had out of the box, took out its battery pack, put it in my battle scarred one and it has sounds again.  Then I converted the new one into a V2, which is a work still in progress(needs weathered paint and graflex clamp.)  I do think these are the best to spin, but they are the easiest to drop too.  Another mistake would be letting one of my friends play with my Sithplanet Obi.  While twirling, the dang stalk on the on/off switch broke.  It was pretty flimsy anyway, so I just securely fastened the red button flush to the saber.  He did compensate me for this, and the saber does look a little more accurate now.  The blade comes on now as soon as it is popped in, but I don't have the blade in it most of the time anyway.
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline registrau

• Experienced Force User
  • ...in a galaxy far, far away
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2006, 06:12:35 AM »
Really sorry to hear that story Bandit :( , indeed  :'(

Now you are a complete Jedi, all of the great Jedi have lost one of their most loved sabers in course of action.

May your Luke EL rest in peace! (And who knows, you might be able to resurrect it someday or even replace it!)

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2006, 11:52:41 AM »
I have been searching ebay for a EL lightsaber but I couldn't find any. I'll keep checking
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 11:55:27 AM by Dark Skywalker »

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline chisau

• Force User
  • Trust the Force, I do.
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2006, 09:30:04 PM »
I didn't have a story for this post until now.

I by pass a broken connector of my broken Mace Windu lightasber to make it work. It was fine for the first 2 minutes of activation. After that, it smoked up and burned itself out.

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006, 10:55:19 AM »
I didn't have a story for this post until now.

I by pass a broken connector of my broken Mace Windu lightasber to make it work. It was fine for the first 2 minutes of activation. After that, it smoked up and burned itself out.

oh xxx....the darkside i sense in you, lol

retrousse