I'm curious as to what people understood/enjoyed about DVD1...
Also... keep in mind that DVD2 will be pretty much all HD (if not TOTALLY HD), and will build upon most everything you saw on DVD1. That's the goal--to use the DVDs as a means to going from "basic" level... to advanced... to expert, depending on how much you're able to practice, with whom (or if alone), etc.
Additionally, I'll be unleashing the sort of "Saber Sparring System" I've been brewing over for the past year or so. Not to say that people can't do their OWN thing, but... I've covered a LOT of bases with this thing, and... it ought to serve people well for having some general guidelines for sparring to both keep it FUN... and to keep it safe & fair.
Finally... your input?
What kinds of actions would YOU like to see on future DVDs? I mean, we're covering most every category on the DVDs; again those are:
* Saber Spins (again, we touch on this + identify them--otherwise, for tutorials, get Banditcar's awesome spin tutorials!)
* Saber Basics (these vary, but sometimes cover things like finding the balance of a saber, etc.)
* Combat Forms (as you guys know, our forms are meant to be "paired"... BUT... can be performed "singularly" as well)
* Notation (DVD1 mostly has documents about this, but... you start to see the idea of WRITING THIS STUFF DOWN... in an intelligent/efficient manner)
* Advanced Actions (inverted moves, spinning moves, jumping moves... this sort of thing)
* Drills (both for staged combat AND for actual sparring / "real-time" bouting)
* Basic Martial Arts (basic kicks)
* Basic "Tricking" (which could be considered somewhat advanced MA)
* "Mythbusting" (just for fun!
But also to debunk stupid, non-realistic actions--ones that can only "work" in the MOVIES)
Btw... we'll start getting into "camera angles" and "audience perspectives" on DVD2. I left that off of DVD1 since I thought it would have been too much to start thinking about for people trying to grasp so much all at once...
So... are we MISSING anything? I'm certain you guys could think of something else? If not... then... GREAT!! We've got like 98% of the things you could do/want in the "saber fighting world" covered...