fiduciary

Author Topic: In need of an RGB Lightsaber  (Read 3980 times)

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
In need of an RGB Lightsaber
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:45:37 AM »
Hello all,
I am looking for an RGB LED Lightsaber. One with a CF 4.1 or 4.0 would be great but I know how hard that is to find.
I would prefer something original rather then a MR but would be will to go with an MR if I had too. I would just put together a MHS and install the LED myself but I am down fro now from a motorcycle accident. So, it's going to be a while. Any help with this would be great! 

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Re: In need of an RGB Lightsaber
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 10:55:57 AM »
I saw a very nice Do-Clo on Ebay with an RGB....opening bid is only $99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Do-Clo-Custom-Lightsaber-Led-Prop-Inspired-By-Star-Wars_W0QQitemZ280361587277QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4146da524d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

There's 3 days left as of now, but I would watch this if I were you. It looks like a great hilt, and of course you can upgrade the sound in it later.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:01:02 AM »
Nice find Caine,  ut that one's a little too short to add a cF toalter on, i think....it's only 9 inches long,  and there's no teeling how much rom the battery pack is taking up.  Still, a cool saber none the less.

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 11:13:02 AM »
Nice find Caine,  ut that one's a little too short to add a cF toalter on, i think....it's only 9 inches long,  and there's no teeling how much rom the battery pack is taking up.  Still, a cool saber none the less.

Oh yeah, never thought about that. I didn't even think about the size...

BUT that is still a really nice saber. The opening bid is great and I suppose if you just wanted a reg. RGB saber that would be the way to go. Do-Clo does amazing work.

My advice is pick that saber up anyway.  ;)

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 12:03:50 PM »
Hey thanks Cane, for the heads up. I did see that one. For the price (if it stays that way) it's a great deal. He makes nice sabers! I don't know. I would like a longer one. It is a nice saber tho.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 12:10:58 PM »
Amptrooper,

First, sorry to hear about your accident.  Hope your feeling better soon.

Second, to answer your question, we often use RGB's and some custom tri-rebels in builds...but as soon as we post them, they sell.  People really like the purple (to Magenta/pink) blade options.  Vader's Vault (Fender and Allaerra) also use a lot of RGB's. 

Are you looking to commission a build or are you just asking if one is already available?

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »
Master Jedye,  I am looking for either. I would be open to commission a saber if the price is not crazy. I have heard of people spending insane amounts for a commissioned saber.  But, yeah, I am open to it.
I am fond of the orange tones of the rgb.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 12:28:03 PM »
Master Jedye,  I am looking for either. I would be open to commission a saber if the price is not crazy. I have heard of people spending insane amounts for a commissioned saber.  But, yeah, I am open to it.

Then, I would recomend a trip to the mining colony :   http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?board=55.0

Find a sabersmith whose style you like and send them a pm with for a price quote....keep in mind that the more detail you provide, the more accurate the estimate will be.

Good luck!

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 12:31:28 PM »
Another person you may want to consider contacting is makototsai. He is a member here, does make RGB sabers

http://www.youtube.com/user/makototsai

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 01:24:55 PM »

Well Gemini Concepts and Vader's Vault are two OUSTANDING sabersmiths, and their RGB's do rock. (I have never used them but have seen their work). Also, you have to think about your definition of "crazy" when it comes to price. A custom RGB saber with a C.F. saber alone will run you AT LEAST $450 (and I am being modest there!).

In any event, I hope with all these answers you have been pointed in the right direction and good luck on your quest for your saber!

BTW....if you don't bid on that RGB Do-Clo, I just might! (finder's fee, lol)

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 02:12:45 PM »
Caine, I thought about getting that Do-Clo saber. I like the looks of it and for the price it's a good find.
I don't know if in the future I could lengthen the saber. I guess with a little work it could be done. I think I am going to see were the bidding is in a few days. I am not wanting to get in to a bidding war with you so if you want it let me know and I will not bid on it. That way the price stays down.

Hey I want to thank you all for wishing me well! Unfortunately I really hurt myself bad. I will most likely be having an amputation of my right leg soon. The thing that sucks is because of the lack of insurance when this happened it hurt our fiances I had Plasma sabers, EL and MR FX. I sold them all to help my wife out. Now I have a few extra dollors from selling more junk and just would like to get a saber back. That's all. Out of all the stuff I sold I just want a lightsaber back.
Yep, Lightsaber junkie!   

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 02:49:48 PM »
Caine, I thought about getting that Do-Clo saber. I like the looks of it and for the price it's a good find.
I don't know if in the future I could lengthen the saber. I guess with a little work it could be done. I think I am going to see were the bidding is in a few days. I am not wanting to get in to a bidding war with you so if you want it let me know and I will not bid on it. That way the price stays down.

Hey I want to thank you all for wishing me well! Unfortunately I really hurt myself bad. I will most likely be having an amputation of my right leg soon. The thing that sucks is because of the lack of insurance when this happened it hurt our fiances I had Plasma sabers, EL and MR FX. I sold them all to help my wife out. Now I have a few extra dollors from selling more junk and just would like to get a saber back. That's all. Out of all the stuff I sold I just want a lightsaber back.
Yep, Lightsaber junkie!   

My friend, I believe that you need that lightsaber more than me. I will not bid on it and I hope that you win the auction!

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 07:40:59 PM »
I lost the bid  :'(  !  Oh well, something else will come along!

Offline SithlordFaust

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 11:11:47 PM »
hes got a longer one up now

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!

retrousse