fiduciary

Author Topic: Baldric / Scabbard / Sheath / Harness for an Ultrasaber  (Read 3105 times)

Offline opt1muspr1me

• Padawan Learner
  • Aren't you excited? We're going to be Jedi!
Baldric / Scabbard / Sheath / Harness for an Ultrasaber
« on: August 26, 2009, 08:58:14 AM »
I'm going to a costumed event and I wanted to be able to wear my Ultrasaber Aggressor (handle and blade) on my back. I was thinking of buying a Baldric: http://www.ravenswoodleather.com/Baldrics/theif.html The site also asks if I want a small, medium or large  FROG, but there aren't any directions for choosing an appropriate size. I emailed them, but didn't get an answer. Any help?

If I also wanted a Scabbard/Sheath, to attach to my Baldric, for saber, do you guys have any ideas what I could use?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 01:51:59 PM by opt1muspr1me »
I’d glad that I’m not alone, deep within the dork forest.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Re: Need help with Baldric / Scabbard / Sheath for an Ultrasaber
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:11:09 AM »
Probably medium for the blade end and large for the hilt end, ...just a guess though.

Or u could get 2 mediums so only the blade passes through the frog.

Offline opt1muspr1me

• Padawan Learner
  • Aren't you excited? We're going to be Jedi!
Re: Baldric / Scabbard / Sheath for an Ultrasaber
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 01:50:33 PM »
So, I bought two baldrics just so I would be sure.
I bought one from Ravenswood Leather (Thief's Baldric)
http://www.ravenswoodleather.com/Baldrics/theif.html

and another from Budk (United Cutlery Universal Shoulder Harness Sheath)
http://budk.com/product.asp?pn=01%20UC2599&sid=gobbk

Thief's Baldric

Universal Shoulder ...

The Theif's Baldric had a great price and very secure and wears comfortably on my shoulder. The frogs (the two leather enclosures that hold the saber) tighten around the saber with laces. The bad thing is since I don't have a sheath, when I take my saber out, there is nothing in between the two frogs to hold the thing together. It becomes a giant loose strap. I may try putting a cord in between, connecting the frogs so I don't have that problem.

As for the Universal Shoulder … it has backing connecting the frogs, so when the saber comes out the baldric stays put, it was also lower in cost in comparison the Thief's Baldric. It also has buckles for the frogs and and buckle in the front for varying body sizes. My one problem is the front strap is very thin. It doesn't rest well on my shoulder and is more likely to swing. Another thing is the leather connecting the frogs, leaves scuff marks on the saber, but i remedied that by putting electrical tape all over that area of the baldric.
I’d glad that I’m not alone, deep within the dork forest.

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
Re: Baldric / Scabbard / Sheath / Harness for an Ultrasaber
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 09:13:41 PM »
looks very good. its unique and works well 8) 8)

MTFBWY
Praise be the order brought forth from the very edge of chaos.

There is only one return. And it's not of the King, it's of the JEDI

retrousse