fiduciary

Author Topic: POSTPONED TILL LATE SUMMER 2015- New GRAFLEX ESB/ANH saber hilts for 2015 - $125  (Read 39262 times)

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
Re: INTEREST THREAD - New GRAFLEX ESB/ANH saber hilts for 2015 - $125
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »
Actually you guys 7/8" is better and will look more accurate because of the sync pin ports. You SHOULD be able to have accurate sync pins instead of shorties, keeping the accuracy appearance.

Personally, I'm all for 7/8".... more like the movies, and a more accurate prop replica??? sounds like a win to me.

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2014, 08:03:49 AM »
Also, Randy, might want to make sure the clamp can be positioned on BOTH sides, for ANH accuracy people. It's not correct to have it oriented the same side as ESB.

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2014, 09:51:26 AM »
I've changed my opinion from guarded to in for one.  Thanks for cranking out the hits and kits Randy! 8)

Offline XsaberX

• Master Force User
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2014, 10:10:47 AM »
Actually you guys 7/8" is better and will look more accurate because of the sync pin ports. You SHOULD be able to have accurate sync pins instead of shorties, keeping the accuracy appearance.

Personally, I'm all for 7/8".... more like the movies, and a more accurate prop replica??? sounds like a win to me.

Just so it's understood, I don't believe either 7/8" or 1" are "better." I just like 1" more - preference. Still would like to know if this is a graflex/parks replica (at least the front half shell) and can therefore take alternate blade holders.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:34:19 PM by XsaberX »

Offline Gnar-Gnar Gin

• Experienced Force User
  • OhCanaduh
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2014, 12:22:12 PM »
Also, Randy, might want to make sure the clamp can be positioned on BOTH sides, for ANH accuracy people. It's not correct to have it oriented the same side as ESB.

I agree wit this 100%
Han Solo describes saber building perfectly: "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"

Saber building in a nut shell... as described by a smuggler

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2014, 01:09:42 PM »
yes, on the clamp, its adjustable.   

Offline MACE WINDU

• Formerly known as Nightstorm
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Do you have a problem with purple?
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2014, 03:04:19 PM »
This certainly has a lot of potential to be an awesome custom Luke :)  I'm in for a kit.

Offline Dark Navel

• Master Force User
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2014, 06:37:08 PM »
A couple more parts and that could be a DV6. ;)  Obviously there would have to be some mods done by the purchaser but that is doable.

Offline Raiseittoeleven

• No Force
  • Lightsabers!
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »
Will definitely be getting 2! The ROTJ style blade bracket is a cool idea.

Offline agony

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2014, 02:46:45 PM »
Woah, with all of the added info and pics I'm changing my order from one to two please!

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2014, 05:16:13 PM »
May I inquire if this run is available for overseas, ie: Australia? And have you had any experience on what postage costs have been sending stuff (sabers) this way? Thank you so much for your accurate and patient replies on this so far.

Offline Katarn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2014, 04:18:36 AM »
WOW! very nice "modernization" of a classic!
i was concerned about the clamp orientation until scottjua brought it up and Korbanth confirmed its adjustable for correct ANH orientation!

i do have a vintage graflex flash, and i have installed parts from TGS and blastech. but nothing so far for electronics, and there is no way in heck i would duel with it. feels so fragile and... well it feels like a shelf queen lol

so this... this is GREAT! especially at this price! i would just get one and build as ESB, since i already have an ANH and that can stay on the shelf "heirloom" style. besides luke doesnt really do anything besides block some bolts from a training remote anyway. the ESB graflex is when he really starts to see what he can do. so it makes sense to me to have the ESB as a rugged, duel-worthy saber. i was going to build a replica graflex until i saw this...

one question though: with that ROTJ blade holder... how far down will the blade sit? if it goes down PAST the neck, PURE WIN! it will make the blade SOLID as all heck. i know 7/8" is not idea for duelling at all, but at least i can swinig it and it will feel solid. as far as duelling goes for me, its more like... sparring with my son hahaha so it doesnt have to be bullet-proof. heck, i already spar with my son with my Korbanth LS6 converted to hero by LDM. its a 3/4" blade and that makes me curious if this ROTJ blade holder is some revision?

anyway i gotta quote Leia here... count me in!
Korbanth how many does that bring us up to? we near 50 yet?  8)
Korbanth LS6 Hero PC 1.6 conversion by LDM (next best thing to the MkVI)
TCSS MHS #1 "Coppertop"
Vintage Graflex ANH

Offline 97th Acolyte

• Master Force User
  • [insert witty comment here]
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
May I inquire if this run is available for overseas, ie: Australia? And have you had any experience on what postage costs have been sending stuff (sabers) this way? Thank you so much for your accurate and patient replies on this so far.

His previous runs were international, and the difference in postage to the UK rather than US was $40 rather than $20 (IIRC) for the SID hilts.
Proud owner of:       JSK1 - Jaina Solo Kotobukiya lightsaber - created by Bombarta
Harp's Starkiller/Kylo Ren fusion - Prizm                      
Deadpool's Deathstick - CS2.5 Reveal, JQsabers               
JK-Sabers Battle damaged/Reveal Maul - Empty             
US Raven
Korbanth:
 Darth Maul - Empty
 Duke - NBv2, JQSabers
 Qui Gon - NBv2, MasterSabers

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2014, 01:01:44 PM »
since I am not the maker of these, I don't have any the answers of certain questions..but the ROTJ neck has an inner diameter of .725 so I don't know myself how that works with a 7/8 blade, but I have confident it will work as needed...and yes, of course, these can ship to any place in the world, including Antarctica...if you happen to live there, so any country outside of USA is fine.  Postage will probably be $15-20 per package for USA and $35-40 outside of USA...that can hold 2-3 units most likely.

So like I said, this run will go forward, but want to wait approximately 1 month or right after Christmas to start collecting, because the TRIO run of DM1, OWK1 and QG need to come in and out, so put one behind me, before starting the new.

as to the ROTJ DV kit, those will be done right after this graflex run, but not during...that's what the BOSS says, so you will be able to use those kits on these though, so keep that in mind.

Offline lgtsbr

• Force User
    • Saberbelt.com
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2014, 04:28:32 PM »
so wait, are you going to do a run of complete DV6 Sabers or just the DV6 Saber Conversion Kits for THIS Graflex style hilt?

Dave

retrousse