fiduciary

Author Topic: Longer Light Strip or String???  (Read 1664 times)

Offline JedyKnyt

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Longer Light Strip or String???
« on: October 04, 2015, 10:04:13 PM »
Okay, I'm sorry if this question has been asked before and so far I can't find one like it, so here goes...I'm finally trying to extend the blades on my Hasbro Darth Maul Ultimate FX lightsaber. The 24 inch blades are just too short as well as the Diode light strip inside. I already received the 40 inch blades. My question is, "Where the heck can I buy another light strip, whether it be DIODE or LED that are close to 40 inches long?" I have someone who will do the replacement for me, I just can't find this part (if it exists) I would be okay if the strip is a little shorter too.

Any direction to this information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
Re: Longer Light Strip or String???
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 11:34:30 PM »
You can't buy them.
They need to be custom made.
Or ordered as complete blades.
There are only a couple of people making them. One is in Japan the other lives here on the forum.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 05:27:09 AM »
I'm not sure how much current the Ultimate FX sound/control board will put out, and whether or not this would limit the number of LEDs in the blade it can light up. Others may well be be able to advise on this.

A custom made string blade would be relatively expensive - more expensive than getting a regular Maul FX saber with a longer blade to replace the saber with something that it sounds like would better meet your needs. (SpaceWindu has really refined and pushed forward cutom LED string blades and sells them, the prices reflecting the time and skill that goes into these String Blades Built for Crystal Focus LS)

I guess cost is a key factor as you're looking to use and mod the saber you have?

That being the case, the options available that may be cheaper than replacing with a regular/signature Maul FX or getting a custom made string blade would seem to be either making a string blade yourself (lots of work, great to do, info available on the forums such as here: How to make your Makototsai string blade w/ scrolling effect ) or looking into the possibility of using and modding as required a regular FX blade with the Ultimate FX hilt. This might be available as a fairly cheap 'leftover' where folks have converted MR/Hasbro FX sabers to an in-hilt LED setup. but this would depend on the Ultimate FX board being able to power one of these blades - dunno if it could or not.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:38:19 PM by Sethski »

Offline JedyKnyt

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 04:07:33 PM »
Appreciate the input guys, thanks!

retrousse