fiduciary

Author Topic: Lando in EpVII?  (Read 1412 times)

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
Lando in EpVII?
« on: March 13, 2013, 08:53:26 AM »
Billy Dee williams say's he's been approached to play Lando .. I guess that means there's a part written for Lando in the script(?)

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/LFL_May_Have_Approached_Billy_Dee_Williams_About_Ep_VII_150651.asp

he says he hasn't decided yet
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:56:05 AM by WEDGE ANTILLES »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline dgdve

• Force User
Re: Lando in EpVII?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:35:10 AM »
I think they should all do it.... as long as they arent required to act like young guys anymore.... They should play "old" people... they are all still great actors and actresses... and masters of the craft (but dont cast them just for the sake of casting is what I hope)

You know, cast the old crew to stand around and act like older more refined/sophisticated versions of themselves type thing.... then I say Heck Yes!!!

(offtopic) They had a batman where robin wore batmans suit because bruce wayne is an old man so he cant do that crimefighting type stuff anymore... it played off the dynamic of being an old retired ex- "super guy", dealing with aging and just issues with being old, while at the same time stepping into the wise mentoring role... Its a neat area to explore for the writers as well 

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:04:15 AM »
What about chewy...didnt he die in the EU...i know they said they might not reference that material...but will they completely ignore it?

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 11:05:37 AM »
I think it will be mixed.  If they think it is better for the bottom line to have Chewy "in" he'll be in. 

Facebook: VVFB

Offline dgdve

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 11:42:32 AM »
I would think if not chewy then something or another wookie... Its also a huge marketing tool and we (the public, me included) are a sucker for the wookies/Ewoks type toys.. the opposite spectrum from solid metal sabers is stuffed animals, sleeping bags... just everything! (Even in the clone wars episode the little wookie kid had one of the best sabers in the arc imho, so they know we love little furry things)

EDIT: sry for offtopic btw

Offline mkadvil

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 11:46:14 AM »
Chewy had a level of comedic relief that accompanied everywhere he went which I think made the movies that much more enjoyable to watch. I mean its gotta take a certain amount of skill to make a movie like Wall-E where a character NEVER talks but still finds a way to be our favorite protagonist. If anyone can write in Chewy and make him work for the new generation, Disney can.

retrousse