fiduciary

Author Topic: Help with finding a specific hilt  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Hendu

• No Force
  • "This weapon is your life"
Help with finding a specific hilt
« on: September 01, 2014, 12:39:13 PM »
Hello I'm relatively new to the custom saber market a couple years ago I bought a US dark initiate with a a purple blade, red AV switch blah blah blah new from US, I was not impressed and had issues with the electrical and the customer service. I got rid of it little before christmas last year.. I'm now looking to get something actually good. I have a very specific list of things I want and a budget I can't really go over. without further ado here is the list.

- I want something sleek not to many things added on no accent LED's or activation box's only a covertec clip (if placed well) and a AV switch with something like TCSS activation box style 9 that puts a recharge port right under the switch (of course I'm open to all options as long as they are done well)
- Must be available in a orange colour something like VV TORange a deep nice orange that reflects heart of the guardian from SWTOR
- Must have sound
- Must be MHS (I really like the VV combat class but they are too skinny and non MHS and you can't ad things like a recharge port due to this)
- Must have a recharge port or be able to ad one
- I live in Canada therefore shipping must be built into the cost my budget for a total saber build cannot exceed $475 and I would prefer to keep it lower if possible.. I have a lot of hobbies and bills so its hard for me to build a saber into the budget.

I would like something that reflects TOR sabers with a modern twist..? if that makes sense? I like sleek and smooth style sabers but I'm open to anything as long as it meets this criteria. So I ask your help today in finding a saber that meets my criteria, I would prefer new and I'm open to any company that makes a good solid combat ready saber, this will be taking abuse and going to cons it won't be put on a shelf for display, but I'm also open to a used saber if anyone knows of one. (I would VERY much like it to have white AV switch and a orange blade if used).

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
Re: Help with finding a specific hilt
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:54:37 PM »
I have something that may suit your needs.
it is well below your budget. I will send pics later tonight
when I get home.
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 12:57:07 PM »
Check out the Malakyte that LDM offers. It is right in your price range and based off of the Malak hilt from TOR! You can get that precise activation box setup if you so choose, or go with a standard AV setup with recharge in the pommel.

If you ask me, this seems to be right on the money for you, as there are limitless customization options aesthetically and it is made of threaded pieces like MHS (possible even based in MHS parts?)

The Ascend from GCS is also worth checking out, but maybe a bit out of your price range.

If you are interested in a custom MHS build, I have one with a PCv3 with color-mixing and a complete reveal chassis. Let me know if you are interested!

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 01:14:38 PM »
Not sure what advantage the recharge port is offering you? As I told you via email, the battery access on our Combat Class sabers is fast and simple allowing you to quickly swap the cell out and extend your play time without having downtime while plugged into a charger. We use the same batteries that would be in a rechargeable pack, just you are able to take them out. Up to you of course, everyone has different criteria for sabers, but I just wanted to know why the recharge port specifically?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 01:16:54 PM by STARKILLER »

Offline Hendu

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 04:17:03 PM »
Honestly there's no real reason I need the recharge port Starkiller, it's just simply something I want my US saber I bought before they offered it and I always wished it had one so when I get my next saber it's an addition I would like to have, the other main issue I have with the combat sabers we spoke about is the size.. The more I think about it the more I think I'd like something a little fatter and longer probably around 11" and MHS size. Not knocking your product or anything it's great just not what I'm looking for right now and I can't afford your other sabers :( also thank you very much for yor quick replys it speaks volumes of your company maybe one day I'll be able to afford an Ember.

Offline Hendu

• No Force
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 04:19:13 PM »
Darth Xuasi that would be great thanks, and Vercify thank you very much I'll check those out tonight!

Offline Hendu

• No Force
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 05:28:16 PM »
My thread was moved to the wanted section? I'm not really sure why tho as it's more of a "what's out there in a saber like this" than a "hey who wants to sell me a
Saber like this"

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »
It's in wanted because you are requesting something or looking for someting, so people who are looking to sell you a completed saber or if approved Sabers Smiths are looking for business they could find your request and see if they could meet them.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:11:20 PM by Justintmars »

Offline Hendu

• No Force
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 06:12:57 PM »
Alright not a big deal I just figured it was better suited where it was.

Offline Hendu

• No Force
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 06:14:47 PM »
Did you recieve my PM's about the saber we spoke of Justin?

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 07:57:46 PM »
Pm replied

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 08:28:20 PM »
Honestly there's no real reason I need the recharge port Starkiller, it's just simply something I want my US saber I bought before they offered it and I always wished it had one so when I get my next saber it's an addition I would like to have, the other main issue I have with the combat sabers we spoke about is the size.. The more I think about it the more I think I'd like something a little fatter and longer probably around 11" and MHS size. Not knocking your product or anything it's great just not what I'm looking for right now and I can't afford your other sabers :( also thank you very much for yor quick replys it speaks volumes of your company maybe one day I'll be able to afford an Ember.

That's cool. I didn't take it as knocking our stuff. I seriously just wanted to know what the desire for the recharge port was as I have had this request a few times. We have worked tirelessly as an industry to make a variety of electronics choices available that fit different needs and the soundboard manufacturers have responded with products that run off of single cell Li-Ion batteries that make it easy to swap cells in/out. If you have a US saber that was pre-recharge port, it is likely an alkaline set up and I can understand your need for one. Personally, if I can get away with it, I'd rather not have to be tied down to a charger on a hilt that is going to be for cons/combat etc. Just some food for thought, and thanks for the explaination  ^-^

Offline BOBA FETT

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Force Relics co-founder, FKA Master Jevaho
    • Force Relics
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 09:37:58 PM »
We still have this one up for sale:

FS : Force Relics PC 1.6 Bellator custom with etched/wood design

It has an orange blade, in hilt recharge with chargeport in the pommel, PC 1.6 soundboard.

Please send us an e-mail at info@forcerelics.com if you are interested.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:40:02 PM by BOBA FETT »

Offline Hendu

• No Force
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 11:14:21 PM »

That's cool. I didn't take it as knocking our stuff. I seriously just wanted to know what the desire for the recharge port was as I have had this request a few times. We have worked tirelessly as an industry to make a variety of electronics choices available that fit different needs and the soundboard manufacturers have responded with products that run off of single cell Li-Ion batteries that make it easy to swap cells in/out. If you have a US saber that was pre-recharge port, it is likely an alkaline set up and I can understand your need for one. Personally, if I can get away with it, I'd rather not have to be tied down to a charger on a hilt that is going to be for cons/combat etc. Just some food for thought, and thanks for the explaination  ^-^
Nope it was a single 18650 cell, and honestly it's going to go to maybe one con a year and yea I can see the draw back of the recharge there but for me it still doesn't out weight the benefits of being able to just plug it in the rest of the time to charge it.

Offline Hendu

• No Force
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 11:18:53 PM »
We still have this one up for sale:

FS : Force Relics PC 1.6 Bellator custom with etched/wood design

It has an orange blade, in hilt recharge with chargeport in the pommel, PC 1.6 soundboard.

Please send us an e-mail at info@forcerelics.com if you are interested.
That's a gorgeous saber, I'm waiting for a quote from a saber maker now on a saber we worked out he's Canadian and pretty local to me so I'm waiting to hear back about that before I make any decisions (Id love to buy Canadian es pically supporting a local sabersmith)

retrousse