fiduciary

Author Topic: Jedi Tunic Help (Attempting to Buy)  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Dimes

• Experienced Force User
  • Formerly known as JMurphy
Jedi Tunic Help (Attempting to Buy)
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:27:57 AM »
HI all,
So i'm trying to decide where to buy my first jedi tunic from and it seems i'm have difficulty deciding. Bit of a note, I consider this purchase to be a bit of an investment into the future, so if I could buy a good piece now and expand it where needed in the future that would be great. I also need the costume for an upcoming expo (in a months time) and can't decide if I should buy cheaper, but ultimately end up replacing the tunic in the future, or whether pay more and and likely have a better investment for the future. Here are the options i'm considering:

The first is a site named costume base, this is my cheapest option, I have heard some pretty mixed stuff. I could get this in time for the expo, but would almost definitely replace it within a year for a better one anyway.

The second site is my frontrunner but is most expensive. It is unlikely that I would receive it in time as it is custom made and needs to be delivered to me in Australia. I hear pretty good reviews, so the main issue is that I would probably not receive it in time. The site name is correlian imports.

The Last site is one from easy, because it is a small operation I don't really have any reviews to go off. It's a decent price, but to me it just looks a little off, especially in a materials sense. Therefore I am not sure if I would end up replacing it. I would also receive this in time, if I order really soon. (Unfortunately cannot post a link)

So pretty much i'm asking do I order cheaper and have something in time for when I need (but end up replacing later)? Or do I buy the more expensive which I think will last much longer (but with a much higher risk of not having it in time).

Of Course I know him, he's me!

Offline SteoanK

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
    • mymotherthrewmineaway.com
Re: Jedi Tunic Help (Attempting to Buy)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:09:23 PM »
Just got a robe and tunic set from this lady's etsy shop:

219eileen on Etsy

Her work is very high quality and she shipped very fast. I'd think she'd have no problem shipping internationally. She even was ready to refund any lower shipping costs if that was the case. I'm very happy with everything I got from her, and may buy more in the future.

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »
^shop looks nice.

Offline DarthRaevus

• Master Force User
  • Friendly neighborhood machinist...
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:13:33 PM »
There is a seamstress here in the US called Twin Rose Customs.

She does LOTS of custom costume pieces and has had excellent reviews. You can search the costumes section on the forum.

Clothing and Costumes Inspired by the Star Wars Universe from Twin Roses

Not sure if the items would make it to Australia given the alteration time and then shipping, but something else to consider.

Offline Dimes

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:47:54 PM »
Just got a robe and tunic set from this lady's etsy shop:

219eileen on Etsy

Her work is very high quality and she shipped very fast. I'd think she'd have no problem shipping internationally. She even was ready to refund any lower shipping costs if that was the case. I'm very happy with everything I got from her, and may buy more in the future.

That's definitely not bad at all, same goes for the price! There's another option for me then :) Thanks

Offline Dimes

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »
There is a seamstress here in the US called Twin Rose Customs.

She does LOTS of custom costume pieces and has had excellent reviews. You can search the costumes section on the forum.

Clothing and Costumes Inspired by the Star Wars Universe from Twin Roses

Not sure if the items would make it to Australia given the alteration time and then shipping, but something else to consider.

I actually messaged Twin Rose, she was very nice but unfortunately they couldn't have my order definitely finished for when I needed it. I think i'll grab a robe from there when I can though.

retrousse