fiduciary

Author Topic: Is Anyone Familiar with Star Fortress Productions (Not Nexus)?  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Mortoff

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?

Is anyone familiar with the quality of the helmets produced by Star Fortress?  I am aware of the stories regarding a potential pedophile named Tom something or other, but have read that he (and/or Nexus Enterprises) is no longer in any way affiliated with Star Fortress.  I don't know if that is true or not, but I am interested in a special edition Commander Cody helmet that Star Fortress appears to be offering. 

It would be nice to know that a) Star Fortress is in no way involved with this Tom character, and b) they create quality helmets.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
Re: Is Anyone Familiar with Star Fortress Productions (Not Nexus)?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 09:22:49 AM »

Is anyone familiar with the quality of the helmets produced by Star Fortress?  I am aware of the stories regarding a potential pedophile named Tom something or other, but have read that he (and/or Nexus Enterprises) is no longer in any way affiliated with Star Fortress.  I don't know if that is true or not, but I am interested in a special edition Commander Cody helmet that Star Fortress appears to be offering. 

It would be nice to know that a) Star Fortress is in no way involved with this Tom character, and b) they create quality helmets.

Thanks.

Star Fortress is well known for taking the work of other people and recasting it.  By sheer moral reasons alone I would avoid buying from them.

Edit:  I had read about the potential pedophile issue a little while ago, but I wanted to check my facts before I commented here.

"Tom" IS Star Fortress, also Star Bay and a few other aliases.  And yes, he fled the US in 2000 for the Phillipines in order to evaid FBI charges of pedophilia.

This information is confirmed from sources at both the 501st, the Rebel Legion and a number of private prop makers that I have been in touch with.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:51:53 AM by Keil Edge »

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Mortoff

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 01:21:49 PM »

Thanks.

Star Fortress is well known for taking the work of other people and recasting it.  By sheer moral reasons alone I would avoid buying from them.

Edit:  I had read about the potential pedophile issue a little while ago, but I wanted to check my facts before I commented here.

"Tom" IS Star Fortress, also Star Bay and a few other aliases.  And yes, he fled the US in 2000 for the Phillipines in order to evaid FBI charges of pedophilia.

This information is confirmed from sources at both the 501st, the Rebel Legion and a number of private prop makers that I have been in touch with.

Thank you.  I had never heard of the company or this person until very recently.  He'll be avoided.

I do appreciate the information!

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 07:13:40 PM »
If you are looking for a good Commander Cody, I would suggest EVO3. He can be found on Sign In - 501st CloneTroopers Detachment or https://www.facebook.com/Evo3Props

I have one of his Clone EP3 buckets and it is the nicest helmet I have out of three different makers.

Don't go with Nexus/Star Fortress in any way.

Hope this helps.

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

retrousse