fiduciary

Author Topic: MR soundboard question  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Wyrlock

• Padawan Learner
  • Through victory my chains are broken...
MR soundboard question
« on: April 04, 2014, 03:44:05 AM »
Hi all

I've found a huge amount of info on wiring MR soundboards over on TCSS forums after picking 4 up for cheap the other day. Electronics isn't my strong point but there doesn't seem to be anything too taxing going on. My question is; in other peoples experience, are they all pretty much on the same skill level to set up/wire or are there some boards that are a bit easier?

As best I can tell they all seem pretty much one and the same but I'm looking to have a pop at ripping out the internals of a stunt saber and wiring up a sound board this weekend. I got hold of a Mace Windu, Yoda and vader (although not sure of the year). Also got a Joe Jedi with LED and switches but I'm gona leave that one for now :) Any advice would be appreciated...
I want to go home and re-think my life...

Offline Simpi-Gon Sims

• "I'll bring the popcorn"
  • Master Force User
    • Simpi Sabers
Re: MR soundboard question
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 07:40:27 AM »
I'd probably go with the Vader board first. It is the most "basic" of the others you listed. The Yoda board is quite similar, but the only reason why I don't recommend it first is because it's smaller. The Windu board is a bit different and needs it's switch hooked up in a different way than what's considered "standard" for these boards.

If your Vader board looks similar to this pic below, I'd try that one first.  ;)

"It's not broken, it's a feature."

Offline Wyrlock

• Padawan Learner
  • Through victory my chains are broken...
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 01:58:46 AM »
Thanks for the advice. That looks identical to the Vader board I have. Time to get soldering :)
I want to go home and re-think my life...

Offline Simpi-Gon Sims

• "I'll bring the popcorn"
  • Master Force User
    • Simpi Sabers
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:49:20 AM »
Thanks for the advice. That looks identical to the Vader board I have. Time to get soldering :)

Great! You're welcome to send me a PM if you have any further questions. Best of luck!
"It's not broken, it's a feature."

retrousse