fiduciary

Author Topic: Micro JST Connectors  (Read 785 times)

Offline SigmaSaberSmith

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Micro JST Connectors
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:25:52 PM »
Hey all,

Still building my first saber and I am having trouble finding a vendor that sells the "micro JST" connectors that a lot of people seem to use in their hilts.

I know "JST" isn't the "proper" term for them, but that is what everyone seems to call them.  They are the little red/or sometimes white connectors that people put in so you can easily change out a battery or speaker without re soldering the entire board.

I have a found a couple at a local Hobby shop an online, but these are for model rockets it seems and are too big.  Or are those the "right" ones and they just look "bigger in person?"  XD

I have tried Digi-Key, Mouser, Fry's and a couple of other places.  Anyone have a vendor for these?

Thanks

Offline Arryck Corso

• Experienced Force User
Re: Micro JST Connectors
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 02:34:25 PM »
These might be what your're looking for   --->>  SMALL BATTERY CONNECTOR, WHITE | All Electronics Corp.

And their corresponding connector    --->>   HEADER FOR SMALL BATTERY CON., 2MM SPACING, WHITE | All Electronics Corp.

I know there are members here who have used these for tight spaces.  Hope this helps   :D

The question isn't who is going to let me;  It's who is going to stop me!

Offline cvsickle

• Force User
  • Avid Saber Enthusiast and Build Attempter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:07:50 AM »
These might be what your're looking for   --->>  SMALL BATTERY CONNECTOR, WHITE | All Electronics Corp.

And their corresponding connector    --->>   HEADER FOR SMALL BATTERY CON., 2MM SPACING, WHITE | All Electronics Corp.

I'm using these for a build now.  Just watch out for the contacts sliding into and out of the connector.  I remedied the issue with some hot glue on the back of the connector.

Offline SigmaSaberSmith

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 02:42:54 PM »
Groovy,

Thanks so very much.  Very helpful.  :D

Sigma

retrousse