fiduciary

Author Topic: Pommel hunting  (Read 642 times)

Offline thebigdb

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Pommel hunting
« on: October 22, 2014, 05:58:34 AM »
I’m just throwing this bone out there to see if anyone might be able to help out, but I was wondering if anyone had an ‘extra’ SWTOR MMORPG type pommel that they wouldn’t mind parting with? I bought a junker on eBay a few weeks ago for parts & a parts study, & I was wondering if anyone had pommels on hand that might come in handy. I just want an extra 1 in case I have problems that I have with the 1 got. It looks like it was loctited together, & incase I goober it up, I want a spare to replace it with. Any takers?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/cdgAAOSw6EhUNAsp/$_57.JPG?rt=nc
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/JQEAAOSwdsFUNAsm/$_57.JPG?rt=nc
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/-38AAOSwajVUNAsm/$_57.JPG?rt=nc
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:08:02 AM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
Re: Pommel hunting
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 11:05:35 AM »
SO is it supposed to be a static?  I hope you got it cheap.

It looks to be one made a while ago in a run from "who's name shall not be mentioned"

Why are you taking the pommel off trying to install sound and light?

What makes you think it's Loctite and not epoxy or superglue? Can you see any coloring of the substance?

If it's clear it's not Loctite. If it's Loctite careful application of a torch will loosen it. Use Nomex or Kevlar gloves.

Don't forget your safety glasses also, 8) You never can be too safe.

Offline thebigdb

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Pommel hunting
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 10:14:15 PM »
SO is it supposed to be a static?  I hope you got it cheap.

It looks to be one made a while ago in a run from "who's name shall not be mentioned"

Why are you taking the pommel off trying to install sound and light?

What makes you think it's Loctite and not epoxy or superglue? Can you see any coloring of the substance?

If it's clear it's not Loctite. If it's Loctite careful application of a torch will loosen it. Use Nomex or Kevlar gloves.

Don't forget your safety glasses also, 8) You never can be too safe.

No… it isn’t static. Just taken apart. It was a LED saber that someone else took apart, & I bought the remains. Over the last year or so, I have bought a few ‘used’ sabers off of eBay for parts. Generally I have made more money off them by removing the nuts & bolts that I want & selling & piecing the parts off that I don’t want. I’ve generally done pretty good at that.

Who do you think that made this? Who is ‘he who’s name that will not be mentioned?’ Until a year ago or so… I have been out of the saber collecting loop. I am just asking because that might give me more information as to how it was constructed.

I am not sure that it is Loctite, but I am making that assumption because that is most common. From what I can tell, it is 3 pieces with a 2 watt speaker sandwiched in the center. The reason why I want to take it apart is that I want to reverse engineer it. I have a 3d scanner, & I can copy it.

I was just asking if anybody  had any spare parts because of the fact that you never know what anybody has out there. Right now I can’t get to my workbench because of the fact that my dad has all his stuff in front of it. He moved back in with me, & has all this stuff in front of everything… but I was hoping that I could find something similar incase I goober the 1 that I have up.

Thanks again man!

retrousse