fiduciary

Author Topic: SaberFont.com charging shipping?  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
SaberFont.com charging shipping?
« on: September 19, 2016, 08:58:26 AM »
So, I'm trying to purchase some new fonts from the site and at checkout, it keeps trying to charge me like $16 shipping.  Anyone else have this issue?  Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
Re: SaberFont.com charging shipping?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:31:41 PM »
I've made 3 orders without being charged shipping - however one time I think I clicked the radio button that said something like 'deliver to billing address' - not entirely sure why I clicked it it just seemed like the right thing to do! Anyway I think it then added some shipping charges. I just clicked it and it greyed out again and no shipping charges. Don't know if that is what is happening to you, but just mentioning it in case.

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 04:14:48 PM »
Thanks!  I think this was a glitch!

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 06:29:36 AM »
I had a similar problem trying to buy some fonts today. I've made several orders successfully over the last couple of weeks, and didn't knowingly do anything different this time, but now I checkout through Paypal, it takes me to Paypal and I login there, it takes me back to the Saberfont page to finally confirm the order and I get an error: "There is no shipping option for the address you entered. Please go back and check the address."

It won't let me finish the order whatever I do to the addresses (even though these shouldn't be needed anyway they are all filled out).

Anyone else having problems?

Update - I've made a couple of orders for individual fonts since this with no problem - but different ones than I had the problem with. Either it's a random issue, or it's font dependent. I raised an issue on the site and got a reply so hopefully it will be tracked down.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:04:16 AM by MikeyX »

retrousse