fiduciary

Author Topic: Joined Club Badaxx  (Read 3420 times)

Offline JacknifeUK

• No Force
  • A deeper shade of Grey...
Joined Club Badaxx
« on: October 21, 2014, 02:40:36 PM »
Having owned some custom sabres before, I decided to expand my small collection with a much higher end sabre than I have gone for before. I loved the look of the black Badaxx since its release, but was unsure about the sound card I wanted in it. Having seen Rob’s videos on it, I soon realised that I wanted a CF7 in any future sabre I would own. I contacted Rob to inquire if he could put one in for me.

Unfortunately he did not have any available at the time and we ended up having to wait for him to be resupplied by Erv. However Rob, was very understanding and confirmed to me that he could get it to me by this week for my big convention this week. This he was able to do with a week to spare and was only delayed further in getting to me than it needed to be by UK customs. (A curse on all of them).

So the sabre itself. It is just superb. Beautiful, Balanced and incredibly well designed and built, with a CF7, CeX and RICE allowing it to change the blade to any colour I want along with any FoC.  As previous owners of the Badaxx have noticed a 32 inch blade seems to be the correct length to go for, as it loses about 2 inches going into sabre. It can be used quite comfortably single or double handed without any difficulty or discomfort.

The Aux button position being on the underside of the sabre is a great move. It allows for much greater control over the blaster, lookup and effects with minimal effort and makes sound font selection easier as well with just a simple finger press. Personally I think all sabres with Aux buttons should have them on the underside as it makes them much easier to use its functions than beside the main power button. JMHO

I will write a post-convention follow up once after the weekend looking into battery life and such for a convention.

The sabre came with 6 of Rob’s sound fonts and 6 stocks. If anyone is considering buying saberfonts. I can highly recommend Rob’s which are much more fun than the stocks. Hoth, with the continuous wind flowing underneath the hum is just superb and I think is my current favourite. I plan on buying more of his fonts when they become optimised for CF7.

All in all I am very happy to be a member of the GCS and Badaxx clubs.
Parks Double Helix
US Scorpion
US Phantasm
GCS Badaxx CF7
Korbanth DukeV1 C.S 2.5

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Re: Joined Club Badaxx
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 02:53:32 PM »
Congrats!  The Badaxx is a great saber :D.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:04:17 AM »
Can't go wrong with a CF7 in a Genesis Custom Saber!

Congrats

Offline bekstorm

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 09:06:31 AM »
He does amazing work. Can't go wrong with the Badaxx or the upgrades. Congrats on your new saber!
The Force doesn't want me dead. It doesn't want me happy, but it doesn't want me dead.

Offline jedirobe

• Experienced Force User
  • ".......There is no try"
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 12:26:40 PM »
Congratulations.  One day I will have a GCS

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes......I will do what I must"

Offline JacknifeUK

• No Force
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 04:16:01 AM »
So had my convention over the weekend and the badaxx went down very well. Changing colours surprised many an attendee and even the single LED colours were bright and vibrant. Had the chance to compare the brightness to the highly vaunted by some“12 Watt” sabres with very little to choose between them in terms of brightness. Also the incredibly bright flash on Clash that I set up, was quite amazing even under the lights.
Also the sounds of the different fonts could actually be heard at times over the hustle and bustle of a convention, where the only other saber I was able to hear at all was owned by a gentleman with another colour changing GCS running a CF6.

My one small inconvenience which happened twice over the weekend annoyed me. So the Badaxx is advertised for heavy duelling which I did and the sabre held up very well, a testament to the design and build quality. However twice the sabre shut down and refused to turn back on . Tried a kill key reset, still nothing, so took the pommel off and found both times the SD card had popped its self out of the soundcard. Kill key in, and a single finger click pushed the SD card back in, before removing the Kill Key and receiving the nerve calming boot sound.

Has anyone else had this problem on any sabre or sound card, with a micro SD card? Any good solutions to hold it in a little more securely, but still allow it to be popped out when necessary?

Apart from that, love it. Just now waiting for updated CF7 fonts as they become available.
Parks Double Helix
US Scorpion
US Phantasm
GCS Badaxx CF7
Korbanth DukeV1 C.S 2.5

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 05:45:43 AM »
Congrats on your Badaxx and welcome to the club!

I personally have not had any problems having the SD card pop out. It seems the wire pushes against the card thereby unlocking it and thus pops out.   When you stick the speaker back in, is there a way you can somehow coil the wires around the base of the card thereby circumventing it's rubbing against the SD card?

Offline JacknifeUK

• No Force
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 02:00:26 PM »
Hmmm, I will have to look into that. Rob puts the little clips on the wires attached to the speakers so the speak can be replaced fairly easily. Might have to go look if that might have got caught between the SD card and the speaker. Thanks
Parks Double Helix
US Scorpion
US Phantasm
GCS Badaxx CF7
Korbanth DukeV1 C.S 2.5

Offline 97th Acolyte

• Master Force User
  • [insert witty comment here]
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 03:49:50 PM »
Badaxx is a great design, I love it. Wish I could own one...

As for the con, Did you have it on a green blade on the Saturday? Because I saw a Badaxx in green at London MCM. Then I saw a Revan with a Badaxx on sunday...
Proud owner of:       JSK1 - Jaina Solo Kotobukiya lightsaber - created by Bombarta
Harp's Starkiller/Kylo Ren fusion - Prizm                      
Deadpool's Deathstick - CS2.5 Reveal, JQsabers               
JK-Sabers Battle damaged/Reveal Maul - Empty             
US Raven
Korbanth:
 Darth Maul - Empty
 Duke - NBv2, JQSabers
 Qui Gon - NBv2, MasterSabers

Offline JacknifeUK

• No Force
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 04:19:57 PM »
Both would likely be me yes. Was constantly changing the colours during MCM. I personally do not know of anyone else in the UK with a Badaxx, which is a shame as it is a great design.
Parks Double Helix
US Scorpion
US Phantasm
GCS Badaxx CF7
Korbanth DukeV1 C.S 2.5

Offline 97th Acolyte

• Master Force User
  • [insert witty comment here]
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 04:24:10 PM »
Both would likely be me yes. Was constantly changing the colours during MCM. I personally do not know of anyone else in the UK with a Badaxx, which is a shame as it is a great design.

In that case, your costumes looked awesome. Nice one. ;)

And yeah, I've never seen a Badaxx in the UK before either, online or in person. The next 'best' I've seen is a Ascend, other than that, it seems to be US/SF/MR/Hasbro.
Proud owner of:       JSK1 - Jaina Solo Kotobukiya lightsaber - created by Bombarta
Harp's Starkiller/Kylo Ren fusion - Prizm                      
Deadpool's Deathstick - CS2.5 Reveal, JQsabers               
JK-Sabers Battle damaged/Reveal Maul - Empty             
US Raven
Korbanth:
 Darth Maul - Empty
 Duke - NBv2, JQSabers
 Qui Gon - NBv2, MasterSabers

retrousse