fiduciary

Author Topic: Caine teaches San Francisco's Golden Gate Knights.  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Caine teaches San Francisco's Golden Gate Knights.
« on: February 22, 2015, 08:32:49 PM »
I traveled to The City today to teach my first class ever with the Golden Gate Knights. The SID was broken in during this session as I taught the attributes of Form VII, Juyo. I started with footwork, then went on to the main striking drills (Assured Strike, Vornskr's Ferocity and Swift Flank) and finished up with the Solid Foundation basic form.

I incorporated some martial arts (of course) into the drills, with some Jeet Kune Do style trapping and Pananjakman (low level destruction kicks). They seemed to enjoy that.

The first vid is me leading them thru a part of the form and the last vid is the class being led by the group's head, Alain Bloch. They learned the form in less in a hour and did quite well.

It's good to be back. Enjoy!

Caine teaches Juyo - YouTube

Juyo Forms class. - YouTube

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Re: Caine teaches San Francisco's Golden Gate Knights.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:49:43 AM »
Cool videos, Caine. How did the SID hold up? How deep does that 7/8" blade sit inside the emitter? I know GG/LDM mentioned needing to put an o-ring inside some Sids with wobbly blade holders. Nice to see light dueling is acceptable with it.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Re: Caine teaches San Francisco's Golden Gate Knights.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »
Cool videos, Caine. How did the SID hold up? How deep does that 7/8" blade sit inside the emitter? I know GG/LDM mentioned needing to put an o-ring inside some Sids with wobbly blade holders. Nice to see light dueling is acceptable with it.

Well, I didn't really duel with it. I did smack it a few times and by doing so the BH came a little looser, so I had to tighten the set screw a couple times. I am going to cut down a buttonhead screw and replace it with that when I get the chance and that should cure it. But I don't have plans to duel with it.

retrousse