fiduciary

Author Topic: Which Saber would you like Luke to Use in Episode 7?  (Read 12111 times)

Offline Katarn

• Experienced Force User
Re: Which Saber would you like Luke to Use in Episode 7?
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2014, 07:16:50 AM »
im trying to ignore plot leaks. especially that one, and the "evil luke" one.  ???

i hope to see a weathered/modified hero. better yet... the hero just as it looked in ROTJ so i can save money, already have one of those haha man these sequels are going to kill my wallet when i see all the new sabers.

i might pass on that wampa claw though. i was never into the krayt bone stuff and that is very similar. i like sabers that are mechanical man-made materials.

so yeah. some sort of hero or even yuma/v3 would be ok.
Korbanth LS6 Hero PC 1.6 conversion by LDM (next best thing to the MkVI)
TCSS MHS #1 "Coppertop"
Vintage Graflex ANH

Offline jedirobe

• Experienced Force User
  • ".......There is no try"
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2014, 10:38:46 AM »
Whampa claw?

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes......I will do what I must"

Offline JediWizard

• Master Force User
  • You cant have a droid Phil
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2014, 10:44:38 AM »
god that wampa claw is awful looking :( as vader would say, Noooooooo

Offline Katarn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2014, 02:56:48 AM »
so i randomly looked up "lightsaber" on ebay today and one of the first sabers i saw was a weathered Luke EP VI Hero... WEATHERED. No, it wasnt a V2 or Yuma. it was a no kidding weathered HERO. and it looked AWESOME!!!! i hope something like this makes it in the movie.

i saved the pics but dont see the attachment button here???
*okay well here is a link to the auction.
Luke Skywalker Lightsaber ROTJ | eBay

« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:00:12 AM by Katarn »
TCSS MHS #1 "Coppertop"
Vintage Graflex ANH

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2014, 12:48:19 PM »
Ooh I rather like that weathered Hero look quite a bit actually and it seems a reasonable possibility if Luke hasn't built a new saber over the past 30 years.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Gnar-Gnar Gin

• Experienced Force User
  • OhCanaduh
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2014, 11:22:06 PM »
I'd like to not see a bunch of fans throwing temper tantrums if it didn't turn out exactly as they imagined it... its not going to be OT, get over it, times have changed, techniques have changed, acting has changed, society has changed, and all of this will most likely have an effect on the film. It'll still be SW, go for the ride, and try not to think too much ;)

(this applies to LS too) (they should totally hire MadCow for some consultation :) )
Han Solo describes saber building perfectly: "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"

Saber building in a nut shell... as described by a smuggler

Offline Katarn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2014, 01:08:37 AM »
oh man then i guess you are disappointed right about now...

the internet is all up in arms about "aw the handguards are DUMB, blah blah blah..." its all over facebook. i think its awesome! the saber, not the whining.

::)
TCSS MHS #1 "Coppertop"
Vintage Graflex ANH

Offline Fastball Special

• No Force
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2014, 09:49:28 PM »
Has anyone else thought that the "cross bladed" lightsaber might be A. An old Sith weapon (by old I mean TOR time frame) or B. Built by someone with knowledge of the Sith but no experience? Ie someone wanting to be a villain but not having the training or experience to make a proper lightsaber.

Offline Red Five

• Master Force User
  • "My daddy can whoop your daddy!" -Luke Skywalker
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2014, 11:30:07 PM »
I would definitely like to see Luke use the V2 or V2 variant -as long as it stays dirty and has that well worn look!

The V2 is my absolute favorite saber from any of the films.

Offline Wickedreamz

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2015, 07:08:59 AM »
Number 5 or an updated/upgrade V2

Offline ctech88

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2015, 08:44:07 AM »
oh man then i guess you are disappointed right about now...

the internet is all up in arms about "aw the handguards are DUMB, blah blah blah..." its all over facebook. i think its awesome! the saber, not the whining.

::)

So think about this when it comes to the whole "hand-guard" design. The blade itself is clearly very rough and erratic. And if you listen to the narrative it details that "There has been an awakening".

Lucas was HUGE into the whole Knights of the Round Table and Excalibur mythology. The "one" blade. He was also big on other mythologies. Holy Grail etc. Look at all of his films. There is an aspect to all kinds of mythological and historical references. I know Lucas isn't directing, but his team are still in control of the Holocron and what is/isn't Canon. I am sure his dreams are still influencing where the stories are going to some degree or another.

What if the awakening was the "One" lightsaber so to speak. the first of its kind. do you imagine that they would be the weapon they are now? no. the first ones would be much rougher. Much more uncontrolled. Why then can't you look at the hand-guards as vents for excess "energy" to be released to allow a more controlled blade. :) that's how I am looking at it.

If this was the One blade and its power was dependent on the wielders use of the force this would explain that  “There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?”  “The dark side…and the light.". Maybe that whole series of words was about the blade. Not a "person".

So if this is the One blade it could not only be an Excalibur type of blade but also a "Holy Grail". Once found it's wielder guided the blade to the "side" it was for. Dark or Light.

But this is just my ramblings. :)

This is the kind of fun I've been having with both EP VII and SW Rebels this past few months. dang it's a great time to be a Star Wars fan.
New here. not new to forums. but please be gentle. ;)

Offline ctech88

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2015, 08:45:03 AM »
oh and I hope for Hero :)
New here. not new to forums. but please be gentle. ;)

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2015, 03:42:09 PM »
I hope for nostalgia's sake that it's his weathered, worn V2. This weapon would have served him well for many years and survived many conflicts.  I think Luke would have an attachment to this weapon, as any warrior would with a weapon that has served him well for such a long time. As for the thin neck vs thick neck for the different light saber combat styles, he went toe to toe with his daddy, Darth Vader, so I think the V2 proved it could take and dish out heavy strikes. The new trailer shows Luke with a Green blade, so I'm betting we see the ole V2 and maybe he also adds a green bladed Shoto.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:46:49 PM by sithslayer1 »

Offline ARJedi

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2015, 06:31:08 PM »
Man Im old school I like the Luke ROTJ, that's why Im building one ;D

Offline Satele Shan

• Formerly known as alessandra
  • Master Force User
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2015, 11:48:15 AM »
Hmm, probably his ROTJ V2.

Good to see the ANH/ESB hybrid Graflex in the trailer though. I'm hoping that is Rey's! I guess I saw artwork with Finn with it, and that would be cool too, but I would just love for there to be a female Skywalker (with a lightsaber and Jedi hero's journey sort of thing). I remember dressing up as Luke a lot for Halloween, and would have loved for Rey to have existed then. :D

retrousse