fiduciary

Author Topic: Star Wars Darth Revan Prop Replica Costume Armor  (Read 13192 times)

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
  • in darkness we are the lite
Star Wars Darth Revan Prop Replica Costume Armor
« on: January 04, 2008, 11:26:38 PM »
ok i just saw this and had to post it cuz some one here mite want it and if not im sure we can all say this is cool

cuz it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Darth-Revan-Prop-Replica-Costume-Armor-Vader_W0QQitemZ120205273305QQihZ002QQcategoryZ60361QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i know if i was taller i would want this lol but im to short to be lord revan

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
Re: Star Wars Darth Revan Prop Replica Costume Armor
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 11:31:34 PM »
It looks like good quality costume materials  :-\ Its pretty awesome  8)
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:45:29 PM »
yes it is and the price dosent bother me i would pay that... but my wife would kill me

the other nite she said how anoying it is that i use my lightsabers as flashlights(my mace fx) she said thats loud and its like haveing a V8 for a flashlight all i could do was smile ;D

Offline lowandheavy

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 12:20:15 AM »
I've been on his site before he has building instructions there.

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 12:25:13 AM »
i love when ppl do that and try to help others lern what thay have learnd

Offline lowandheavy

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 12:45:48 AM »
Yeah, but making molded plastic is out of my league I can do fiberglass and wet carbon fiber tho...

Offline Corran_Horn

• Force User
  • KOTE Sabermaster
    • My MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 01:50:41 AM »
I know a guy who has this armour.  It is brilliant stuff, and I'm thinking of getting some myself.

Revan is one of the few characters where there isn't any ste size/shape/sex that you have to be, since, as part of the RPG, you choose what he/she looks like (I know canon states that Revan is male, but most people will know the games, not the comics). 
I'm 5'6", and I'm still planning on doing this costume.  The guy I know who has it is only about an inch or so taller than me.
Knights of the Empire Sabermaster

"I don't believe it."
"That is why you fail."

- Aanor ishiia zals -
 - Ihn Corellisi nyeve min bhiq suman ehin nyiad -

- Aliit ori'shya taldin -

Offline lowandheavy

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 02:11:42 AM »
If I could justify buying armor that didn't really do anything I would buy some or make some which I'm more apt to do anyway. But, Corran; I'm in the same boat as you I'm the shortest out of my friends at 5'9 and my friend keenan is 6'9 now so he walks into ceiling fans. Moral sometimes being tall isn't all that great lol. ( I can still picture the many time it's happened in my head!)

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 12:14:58 PM »
Carbon fiber?Have you worked with this alot Low? I am interested in this stuff because Im tryin to build armor  8)

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 07:15:08 PM »
I know a guy who has this armour.  It is brilliant stuff, and I'm thinking of getting some myself.

Revan is one of the few characters where there isn't any ste size/shape/sex that you have to be, since, as part of the RPG, you choose what he/she looks like (I know canon states that Revan is male, but most people will know the games, not the comics). 
I'm 5'6", and I'm still planning on doing this costume.  The guy I know who has it is only about an inch or so taller than me.

im a big fan of the KOTOR RPG i have finshed both games 12 times each... im 5'9 and i know reven can be any shape or size but i just dont feel my size can fill his mask lol but i would love to try

walking around a con as revan would be cool but only if i can find a bastila im sur my wife wouldent mind dawning some tights for me ;D

ya i wanna know about armor makeing not so i can do it cuz i know i cant but it would be cool to know how much time one must spend on such things

Offline lowandheavy

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 11:51:11 PM »
I work with carbon fiber for interior projects on cars during the summer. If you do use carbon fiber it will end up being ungoddly expensive.

For one, carbon fiber when being made in a "wet" style is more for looks and is what you see on most "ricers". This is what I make the Wet style. The more expensive and more PITA carbon fiber is "dry" and uses a large vacuum chamber and honey comb to make a truly strong and lightweight piece If you use this type you would be talking a huge amount of money.

Using wet isn't that hard and for the most part is alot like dressing fiberglass you still use and epoxy for it like the dry but in more liberal amounts as it's not air tight. the resin is also what tends to weigh it down and most end up being clear coated for appearence.

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 01:43:52 AM »
do u have any pix of ur work... totaly out of topic but still just askin

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 02:03:33 AM »
http://www.flagshipeclipse.com/

Good luck joining the forums, I joined them and never ever got a reply. same with the rpf.

Offline lowandheavy

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 02:20:47 AM »
Not anymore they were on an old computer but it was for small stuff like interior trim pieces. It basically works like fiberglass you make a mold lay the sheet over it and you layer it with resin you allow it to cure, not to long though and cut it to the shape.
I don't recomend learning on carbon fiber it is expensive and hard to get, plus you screw up alot when you learn. I would use fiberglass first and get the feel, I was working on pieces to go into a VIP style car. Personally I won't use it again, not unless I get to learn how to do dry carbon fiber that stuff is really nice and you can make a considerable profit off of it but like I said you need a vacuum chamber.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 02:24:06 AM by lowandheavy »

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »
I may be PMing you in the future LowandHeavy for my armor Im doing.But while we're on the subject,have you ever done anything else with resin?PM if you want

retrousse