fiduciary

Author Topic: My Darth Maul Saber battery cap screw is literally stuck on (please help)  (Read 2955 times)

Offline rdonahue66

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
I have 2 Maul FX sabres and wanted to re-join them together.  I took them out of their boxes and took the end caps off.  Well, one is completely stuck.  I have used 2 rubber wrenches to no avail.  I used quite a bit of torque.  I don't know what to do to get it to budge without scratching it all up.  Anyone have this problem?

Offline rdonahue66

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
I have also recently tried a rubber mallet to loosen it to no avail.  I don't know how I can get to the battery area without getting that end cap off.

Offline The Force Is Strong

• Force User
Did you leave batteries in it? If so most likely what happened is that one of the batteries leaked battery acid and that is what is fusing it shut. I received what was supposed to be a brand new Luke Black Series from Amazon back in December. I could not get the battery cap to screw off. I tried everything to include really messing up D Ring Clip. I took some aeronautical lubricant a WD40 equivalent and finally got it off with a pair of pliers. Battery acid everywhere. Someone had returned the saber to amazon with batteries installed and Amazon shipped it to me as New condition. Amazon apologized and refunded my purchase and told me to keep or throw away the saber. I cleaned it up best I could and it works pretty good for free. Good luck.

Offline rdonahue66

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Wow, battery acid?  That is nuts.  It isn't like I stored it anywhere with temp changes or anything.  Just in the closet.  The thing is, the ring on the maul saber is only a cm wide and the wd40 (area) that it can get to is pretty tight.  Not sure if the lube can make its way into the screw area through that 1mm thick slot.  I'll try some wd40 tonight then.  I was afraid to spray that on it, but now, it might be my only chance to get into it again.

Offline t_hac

• Force User
Best tool for removing stuck pommels is a strap wrench like this:
Westward 8"L, Strap Wrench, 5PV88 - Walmart.com

Works amazing and dosent damage the surface at all!

I've removed a few seized on pommels with ease after previous owner had attempted with pliers.

Offline smaneesint

• Force User
  • You can call me Gibson. That's my nickname. ;)
    • Facebook
At first I was thinking you were having problem with the battery holder like my brother does. Just realized it was about the pommel cap. Hope you'll be able to get it out securely!

retrousse