fiduciary

Author Topic: Disney/LFL changing Korriban to "Moraband" Lame....  (Read 19472 times)

Offline Nicholas.slaydon

• Experienced Force User
  • “Ours Is The Fury"
Re: Disney/LFL changing Korriban to "Moraband" Lame....
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2014, 12:44:44 PM »
I understand your point, I have read quite a bit of EU myself. But what I was trying to say was that shouldn't this have been expected since it was only mentioned in EU content that Disney/Lucasfilm have deemed non-canon? But I see the same thing happening here with Episode VII that happened with the prequels, everyone has their own vision of what is "star wars" and once again everyone is getting upset over seeing a film that contradicts their own vision of Star Wars. I myself have not been effected by the change because George is the creator of Star Wars he doesn't read it and said that it is non-canon in HIS mind and as the creator of Star Wars in my mind what he views as canon is the only thing that matters. But as this thread indicates canon in this series is a very grey area.

Offline Gnar-Gnar Gin

• Experienced Force User
  • OhCanaduh
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »
I understand the disappointment people have, I too have enjoyed the EU, but there's always something that has bugged me about EU, and that's a lack of continuity... I think the classification of EU as "legends" was brilliant, It allows the stories to still have a place in the SW universe, instead of completely throwing them out... and this allows for better continuity in the SW universe... best of both worlds imo

Now that being said, if they keep a concept/idea/place/person in the story, they should probably keep the names and such...

But as mentioned we have many examples of renaming cities in our history... heck, we have some countries that have gone through more than 2 names in the last century... So if Korriban is the planet name in legend, and Morriband is the name in the movies, is it that hard to think that after 1000 years the name of a planet may have changed?

While I think Korriban is a better name, I don't have an issue with the name Moriband, and is easily explainable.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:06:11 PM by Gnar-Gnar Gin »
Han Solo describes saber building perfectly: "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"

Saber building in a nut shell... as described by a smuggler

Offline Nicholas.slaydon

• Experienced Force User
  • “Ours Is The Fury"
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »
Exactly! You hit the nail on the head. Besides EU has never interfered with the films in the past so why should it now? And the exclusion of some EU and the acceptance of other content would cause further continuity errors. So my conclusion is they keep all the EU or none at all.

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2014, 04:27:48 PM »
because George is the creator of Star Wars he doesn't read it and said that it is non-canon in HIS mind and as the creator of Star Wars in my mind what he views as canon is

This was from " him" the characters in the EU just not the stories. As said I'm over the hurt now. :'(
If they can change the snow queen, they can do anything.lol

As said names change. The conquers always change the names to suit themselves. That why it's "HIS"tory right ;)

You guys all had good points. It still saddens me. Hey if they gave Peter Pan a Red outfit I'd be pissed too! :)) ya that's probley next. :))

It's only my 2 cents anyhow.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:23:33 AM by Darkjedi »

Offline Lord Bane

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2014, 10:02:53 AM »
In my opinion they should of at least used a better name, Moraband sounds so generic. At least Korriban siunds Sithy.

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2014, 10:38:44 AM »
Exactly... It sounds like there was hardly any thought put into the name... Moraband?! Sounds like they merged ( Moron + Band = Dumb!!! ). I really hope by the time the movie releases it will turn out to be a big "Rumorand"

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2014, 12:23:52 PM »
I'm mostly not a fan of EU stuff, but Moraband is an AWFUL name... it sounds like 'moribund' - bad idea IMO, whether or not it's deliberate :(
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:35:44 PM by Sethski »

Offline Darkmatter73

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2014, 04:20:13 PM »
Yeah that's lame

retrousse