fiduciary

Author Topic: Less obtrusive graflex clamp for dueling/spinning?  (Read 2042 times)

Offline scohrdarkshadow

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
Less obtrusive graflex clamp for dueling/spinning?
« on: February 22, 2014, 03:34:52 PM »
So I keep scratching my hand on the clamp box. Was just wondering if anybody had come up with a clamp that does't have the box, that you could switch out when you want to work on spins.

Offline scohrdarkshadow

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Less obtrusive graflex clamp for dueling/spinning?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 03:37:14 PM »
And please don't stone me for being a heretic  >:D

Offline Darth Obi Don

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 06:21:45 PM »
I'd get this replica clamp from TCSS , cut off the box , and find a local welder to tack it shut for you.
 http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Replica-Graflex-Clamp-P933.aspx
It's been a while since you posted. Did you try something else?
Don

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 06:30:19 PM »
Back in my dueling and spinning days, 90% of my sabers had a Graflex clamp on them (Luke ROTJ and Obi ANH hilts). I NEVER had an issue with them, no matter what others "experts" at the time said. It truly depends on the person, not the saber. I shut a lot of people up with my test videos on this matter.

If you care about "accuracy" just live with it. It's not that hard to learn how to use a hilt with a Graflex clamp on it. The OG members here who know me can attest that I know what I am talking about.

If you don't care at all about accuracy, then by all means ditch the box, lol.

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 07:01:13 PM »
Back in my dueling and spinning days, 90% of my sabers had a Graflex clamp on them (Luke ROTJ and Obi ANH hilts). I NEVER had an issue with them, no matter what others "experts" at the time said. It truly depends on the person, not the saber. I shut a lot of people up with my test videos on this matter.

If you care about "accuracy" just live with it. It's not that hard to learn how to use a hilt with a Graflex clamp on it. The OG members here who know me can attest that I know what I am talking about.

If you don't care at all about accuracy, then by all means ditch the box, lol.

Listen to Caine, lol.

As obvious as it sounds, could you maybe wear gloves? That might help protect against the scratching.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 09:58:41 PM »
I can attest that Master Caine knows what he's talking about and with practice one can learn to handle a saber with boxes/clamps as easily as any other...but if you find it a persistent problem why not use TCSS box #4 it has no sharp edges and its smooth finish and rounded off angles are quite comfortable; http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Activation-box-style-4-P415.aspx
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

retrousse