fiduciary

Author Topic: Help ID and fix my saber.  (Read 1277 times)

Offline djkorn1

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Help ID and fix my saber.
« on: June 30, 2014, 11:20:19 AM »
I am not sure if this is ANH Luke or if it is an Anakin Saber.  How do I know the difference.  I also have questions.

1. Masters Replica Luke or Anakin?
2. How do I remove the speaker from the battery holder? (It got sand in it and is quiet)
3. Can I replace the blue LEDs in the saber with Greens and still have it retract and open when turned on or off?   
4. How much brighter is it if I replace it with one big green L.E.D?
5. Who is the best person to order parts from?

Offline wolf10100

• Master Force User
    • Master Sabers
Re: Help ID and fix my saber.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 11:38:51 AM »
Need some sort of info and/or images to know if it is the ani or luke... easiest way to tell... is it a lever on the control box or a goldish switch?

not sure about removing the speaker
Unless you now bow to re-wire a whole string of LEDs together to re-create the MR style strip, you are stuck with blue.
You could make a single green brighter if you go for a decent wattage
Depends which part of the world you are in. Tcss good for US, JQ good for UK/Europe
Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 12:34:08 PM »
I am not sure if this is ANH Luke or if it is an Anakin Saber.  How do I know the difference.  I also have questions.

1. Masters Replica Luke or Anakin?
2. How do I remove the speaker from the battery holder? (It got sand in it and is quiet)
3. Can I replace the blue LEDs in the saber with Greens and still have it retract and open when turned on or off?   
4. How much brighter is it if I replace it with one big green L.E.D?
5. Who is the best person to order parts from?
This is an MR Anakin:

This is an MR Luke ANH:

Which does yours look like?

The speakers are inside the battery packs,  and changing them on those particular sabers is difficult without causing permanent damage to the battery pack/holder.

Changing the blue led string for a green one would be difficult if you wired it yourself,  as Wolf10100 mentioned,  but fairly easily done if you can find a green string from an 2005 MR Luke ROTJ.

converting the saber to a single green led will be significantly brighter,  but you will lose the scrolling power up/down effect in exchange for a simulated one where the led fades off on power down (power up will be nearly instantaneous).

Offline Lord Bane

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »
You can replace that speaker but it is very tricky. The led can also be upgraded and it will be a lot brighter. You can order parts through TCSS (The Custom Saber Shop) or search here in the Mining Colony for someone you can commission to do this for you.

Offline djkorn1

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 10:03:19 PM »
Thank you for all of the Replies!!!  Wow, great forum!   It is an Anakin Masters Replica Saber for sure.  How do I get the speaker out? Do I have to cut the plastic cover and replace it with something? (maybe some wire mesh?)

retrousse