fiduciary

Author Topic: POSTPONED TILL LATE SUMMER 2015- New GRAFLEX ESB/ANH saber hilts for 2015 - $125  (Read 39278 times)

Offline Darth Solace

• Master Force User
  • Luminous beings are we...
Re: INTEREST THREAD - New GRAFLEX ESB/ANH saber hilts for 2015 - $125
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2014, 02:48:40 PM »
Ditto vercify. I'd like to know beforehand of extra work will need to be done before I commit to the run.
In wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself.

Offline KeeperoftheRancor

• Padawan Learner
  • "I feel it again. The pull to the Light."
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2014, 10:45:28 AM »
I would most certainly be interested in an ESB hilt!

Edit: If it's possible to get the DV6 kit with it, I'd also like one of those!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:53:25 PM by KeeperoftheRancor »

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2014, 12:27:55 PM »
1 - I will look into asking if half of my order could have holes and the other half not have holes, then when you order, you could specify.  I might be able to get that.

2 - These will be aluminum, and will have the same finish a real graflex has, which I think is not mirror polish, but scotch-brite level polished like a real graflex.  I have not verified that, but its an assumption based on what I've been told, that these will be graflex replicas.   

3 - yeah, you could get one from parks for $150, but you might wait 2-3 months or more before he gets it to you.  All here know that Parks is who is obtaining these from China for me for this run, so he provides items to me (the financial backer) much quicker when buying in bulk than he does to his single saber customers...we all know that...so I take out a little of the frustration. if you ordered on of these from him, you'd pay more and wait 3-4 months longer than when I will have them in hand.

4- The Duke was not a failed project, they were perfect except China didnt polish them as much as we wanted.  The metal shop I used recently to polish up Sids, made one of my left over Dukes as shiney as chromed dipped...How I wish I would have used them back in JAN, so 99% of those who got dukes were happy...

5 - I make these available, to all who want one...if you dont, thats ok, and your decision...keep your own personal negativity out of the thread to not tain the interest.  I wouldnt walk into your house and say your drapes look bad in front of your holiday party guests....   LOL  -  We all have opinions, let keep things on a positive note about suggestions.

Like I mentioned, I will not start this until the TRIO-DM1/QG/OWK1 are in my hands and shipping...so were looking at spring 2015 anyways...so lots can be changed by then, but I can only suggest, and some may have to accept these the way it is going to be made, and some dont have to accept it, thats the beauty of freedom of choice!  :)

I am focusing now on the TRIO, so will come back to this later
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:30:36 PM by korbanth »

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2014, 04:37:30 PM »
4- The Duke was not a failed project, they were perfect except China didnt polish them as much as we wanted.  The metal shop I used recently to polish up Sids, made one of my left over Dukes as shiney as chromed dipped...How I wish I would have used them back in JAN, so 99% of those who got dukes were happy...

5 - I make these available, to all who want one...if you dont, thats ok, and your decision...keep your own personal negativity out of the thread to not tain the interest.  I wouldnt walk into your house and say your drapes look bad in front of your holiday party guests....   LOL  -  We all have opinions, let keep things on a positive note about suggestions.

Like I mentioned, I will not start this until the TRIO-DM1/QG/OWK1 are in my hands and shipping...so were looking at spring 2015 anyways...so lots can be changed by then, but I can only suggest, and some may have to accept these the way it is going to be made, and some dont have to accept it, thats the beauty of freedom of choice!  :)

I am focusing now on the TRIO, so will come back to this later

I'm not sure if this section is directed at me, but I can't imagine who else it would be regarding, so I'll respond anyway.

RE 4: I think we all know that you provide a budget product (which fills a needed niche in the hobby, don't get me wrong), and that sometimes, that doesn't necessarily imply perfect, immaculate hilts.  However, virtually every build thread on this board regarding the Dukes makes at least an oblique mention of the vast amount of additional work required to get the hilts looking like your renders promised. That caused the price of those hilts that did look nice, as well as the hilts that were cleaned up, to rise out of some of our price ranges. 

Everyone understands that that wasn't your fault, and you couldn't control it, but the fact remains; the hilts did not look like the promised renders.  Many were disappointed with the state of the hilts direct from China, but now, a lot of folks have nice Duke-based sabers in an arena where no other replica exists.  I myself am pursuing one now.

I should, for my part, mention that the only Korbanth hilts I've seen in person are a LS6 and MW3, both of which were very nice hilts.  I didn't work on a Duke myself, so I am only bringing up my own personal concerns which have arisen as a result of some discussions on the board, to clear up my own questions.

I understand where you're coming from, and let me make myself clear - I'm not trying to grill you.  I really am interested in this run, and may purchase up half a dozen of these to do installs for sale if the concerns of the past runs have been cleared up.  However, those concerns do exist, and it's not appropriate to dismiss them as

your own personal negativity

so that you don't have to answer the question or to try to bring other customers on board.  Hollow Run 2 did run over a year, when it was scheduled for a quarter of that, and the Dukes did have quality concerns.  Those are facts - those threads are on these boards.  That's hardly negativity, particularly from a potential customer who's merely concerned about this run, based on the problems with preceding runs.  It's not out of bounds for me to ask you whether these problems have been cleared up, is it?

I wouldnt walk into your house and say your drapes look bad in front of your holiday party guests....   LOL  -  We all have opinions, let keep things on a positive note about suggestions.

Randy, I'm not trying to insult your product.  You and I both know there have been problems, so do others on this board.  And your comparison isn't appropriate - no, you wouldn't insult my drapery in front of my guests, but I'm not trying to sell those drapes to you. It's hardly inappropriate to ask clarifying questions about a product when you're trying to sell me something.  What you're asking us to do is to buy the curtains sight-unseen, and all I'm asking is that the drapes will be the right color and that the stitching is the same as the one in the catalog. 

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »
I will be 'in' for at least one of these when the run commences. WITH sound holes please.

Also do I understand correctly that if one wanted a DV6 version of this we would have to get one of these first and then there will be a DV6 retrofit kit for these made available later is that correct?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:03:05 AM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline drakemma

• Padawan Learner
  • Oh look.. Something witty..
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2014, 11:51:58 AM »
At that price point, I would probably be in for one, despite whatever work may be required.

Offline DarthNapier

• Force User
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2014, 08:59:31 PM »
I'd be in for one no matter what gets decided for the sound holes.
Alright kid, don't get cocky.

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2014, 05:15:45 PM »
here is some incentive.

Also for sale at an unknown price will be DV6 conversion kits that take a graflex and turn it into a DV6 saber....so I am working on those...

Offline Jedi Oz 66

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »
Oh come on, that's not fair , now I have to find some money :)

Offline ulldarborealis

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2014, 09:51:52 PM »
spring 2015 for payment sounds good down for 1 of each please

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2014, 10:26:56 AM »
if things go well, I might be able to start this run late FEB

Offline 97th Acolyte

• Master Force User
  • [insert witty comment here]
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2014, 12:15:43 PM »
if things go well, I might be able to start this run late FEB

Awesome. :D
Proud owner of:       JSK1 - Jaina Solo Kotobukiya lightsaber - created by Bombarta
Harp's Starkiller/Kylo Ren fusion - Prizm                      
Deadpool's Deathstick - CS2.5 Reveal, JQsabers               
JK-Sabers Battle damaged/Reveal Maul - Empty             
US Raven
Korbanth:
 Darth Maul - Empty
 Duke - NBv2, JQSabers
 Qui Gon - NBv2, MasterSabers

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2014, 05:46:53 PM »
here is some incentive.

Also for sale at an unknown price will be DV6 conversion kits that take a graflex and turn it into a DV6 saber....so I am working on those...

Thanks for that clarification...sounds good imo! :)
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline GreaSyde

• Force User
  • I always wear a lightsaber.
    • ACMEsabers
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2014, 06:42:26 PM »
I'm down like two flat tires for one of each.

No I just need to get a few d.i.y chassis.
Only two there shall be. A master and an apprentice. One to embody the power and the other to crave it.

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2014, 08:42:05 AM »
got the word, that all units have to be the same, so ALL with back sound holes or ALL with no sound holes... these will have very small holes in back to allow for sound...so the organizer of this proposed run wont do half and half...so decide if this is a deal killer, but the whole purpose of having these made is for the ability to light them up and have sound, and you need this for that, but I've been promised they will be so hard to spot, you'll not even know they are there.

retrousse