fiduciary

Author Topic: Converting Parks Sabers  (Read 11109 times)

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
Re: Converting Parks Sabers
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 07:37:15 AM »

Phase Blade?  do you mean Phaeton?  you would be tough pressed to convert a Phase Blade and make it useful and cost effective ;D

::)  a phase blade Obi is literally the same dimensions internally as the OWK1, built off the same diameter inner tube, and some of the newer OWK1's even come with the inner tube machined to accomodate his 30ga switch wiring along it.  Therefore, if the OWK1 can be converted it is just as simple to do the Phase Blade. 

I do not mean Phaeton.  If I had, I would have said it.  I think before I speak mostly.  Wasn't tough pressed at all, in fact had more difficulties with an alliance saber install than I did on phase blades or owk1's.

Thanks SoS ")
Support our Font Makers!

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 07:40:51 AM »
??? Phase blade is the Park Sabers LED string blade that every saber they sell has (except EL).  Phaeton is the TPM OBI with a phase blade... oh, I see you weren't calling it by it's park sabers name
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:47:49 AM by Alex Gordon »

Offline Messenger of Darkness

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 06:14:31 AM »
Does anyone know of somebody who could convert the new design Parks Arc-Wave hilt? A NB soundboard would probably fit, but does anyone think it could be milled/machined out to incorporate a Crystal Chamber?
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »
Does anyone know of somebody who could convert the new design Parks Arc-Wave hilt? A NB soundboard would probably fit, but does anyone think it could be milled/machined out to incorporate a Crystal Chamber?

Look around you should.  I have done over 100 Parks conversions in the past 7 years and most are posted on this very forum.  It can take whatever soundboard you want if the person converting it is skilled enough and a Crystal chamber is possible, although not practical as it would severely limit your soundboard/battery choice and resonance (sound quality).

Now, the inevitable question's answers...pricing is located in my services thread, no I can't take it tomorrow, yes I do have possible referrals if you want it fast and good rather than slow and awesome. ;)

Offline thebigdb

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 07:02:08 PM »
Well I don’t know if this is allowed… but the ROTJ Luke was the 1st saber that I bought from Parks… I have to say that it is a BEATIFUL saber! If you buy 1, you won’t be disappointed in the quality… but the customer service sucks… & I don’t think that he sells replacement parts for that saber if you want to replace something. I think that you can get a replacement pummel, but I think that’s it. I will most likely will buy from him again, but I won’t do it anytime soon because he kept screwing things up before he sent me the dang thing!

Just in my search for replacement parts incase I needed it, there is someone on eBay that is selling empty hilts of his. I never bought from this person, so I don’t know how good of a dealer that they are… but they might be an option.

Sale Lightsaber Collectors Display Hilt of Luke Skywalker Weapon Episode 6 |
Lightsaber Collectors Display Hilt of Luke Skywalker Weapon Episode 6 | eBay

That way you get a hilt in a couple weeks instead of a couple months. Just to give you another option.

retrousse