fiduciary

Author Topic: Help with first time ROTS Anakin, ANH Luke and ESB Vader conversions  (Read 1059 times)

Offline SuperVillainChe

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Im very new to the whole lightsaber scene, I've been debating for a long time whether to go with a custom made, pre-converted or just basic Hasbro and MR lightsaber (to convert myself). But I mean whats the fun if you don't get to do a little handy work. I now have the ROTS Anakin and ANH Luke removable blade lightsabers on hand and Im looking to get a Vader lightsaber either ESB or ANH which is yet to be decided. I plan on ordering all my parts from The Custom Saber Shop and because I live in Canada, I want to get all of the parts in one order to save myself a little shipping costs. However before I pull the trigger I have a few questions on the conversions.

I have gone through the Anakin removable blade conversion posted on The Custom Saber Shops forum and there shouldnt be any troubles with that, however I wanted to use the Luxeon Tri Rebel with the RGB set up to create the full color spectrum. I was wondering what kind of modifications I would need to make in order to substitute the normal rebel for the tri-rebel. As well, is there any build configuration where I would be able to program the LEDs into making different colors via connection to my computer? Is this what a LED driver is intended to do? If someone could please shed light on the LED driver topic for me that would be great. Im not great with electrical stuff, but my friend who is an electrical engineering student has agreed to help me (thank god). Ideally I just want a build where I would be able to change the color of the lightsaber without using a white LED and color disks.

Secondly, I've seen a lot of custom made lightsabers that have a "flash on clash" mechanic and I was wondering how I would be able to set that up? It also kind of ties in with my first question of the LED build. Realistically if the RGB rainbow build is too difficult I would be willing to resort to the blue/blue/white tri rebel (or Red/Red/White for Vader) just to make it brighter than the normal rebel and use the white for flash on clash.

Ideally I would be using the same build for all three lightsabers the Anakin, Luke and Vader that I plan on getting in the near future.

Lastly in regards to the fact that there arent any conversion kits for the ANH Luke lightsaber, I was wondering if I would be able to buy one of the Anakin ROTS conversion kits that they sell on The Custom Saber Shop and modify it to work with the ANH Luke. My Dad and Uncle are mechy engineers so I have access to a lot of CNC and industrial machinery. If it can be done, which of the Anakin ROTS conversions should I buy?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Re: Help with first time ROTS Anakin, ANH Luke and ESB Vader conversions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 12:40:54 PM »
If you contact JQ Sabers here on the forums, or on their website, they do offer a Luke ANH metal blade holder. My saber smith for that particular project, Lord Bane sourced one from them for my own Luke ANH Hasbro. They are in the UK, so it won't be cheap.

Offline Wyrlock

• Padawan Learner
  • Through victory my chains are broken...
Re: Help with first time ROTS Anakin, ANH Luke and ESB Vader conversions
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 07:32:47 AM »
JQ will only do the Luke ANH if there's enough interest. It's expensive. I contacted them about it earlier this year. I want one aswell, not trying to put you off. The Vader conversion kit is out of stock at TCSS. I also want one of those. If anyone was kind enough to forward me some dimensions; I could get a piece machined out myself but things like that are considered proprietary by most sellers. Been tempted to open up my Vader and model the plastic part for machining out of ali, just don;t have time right now. Pretty sure that's what these companies did a few years back...
I want to go home and re-think my life...

retrousse