fiduciary

Author Topic: The Auction Thread- LDM's Abandoned MKIII #1  (Read 5881 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
The Auction Thread- LDM's Abandoned MKIII #1
« on: November 12, 2014, 02:31:12 PM »
Hybrid MKIII ANH (Abandoned by client)

The build album will be available to all bidders on request.

The starting bid is $775 (+ paypal fee) + Shipping.  The original price was $975 + PP + Ship.  The client left a $200 deposit, so I'll start it at OP-Deposit.

***A 7/8" blade is NOT included, but available to the winner for $38 (charger not included, but available to the winner for $18). 

*** I reserve the right to end this auction if it sells on my website prior to auction's end.  If there are documented bids here, and I receive an offer on my site, I will post said offer here as a bid in this auction to allow all parties a fair chance.

**This saber includes the fonts listed since he licensed them already, additional fonts are available for purchase on saberfont.com. 

***The Auction starts now and ends Sunday, November 16th, 2014 at 9:59:59 PM PST (yes, in the evening local time). 
*note: if there are no bids by Sunday, then this auction will remain up until there is an initial bid, at which time the 24 hours clock will start and the auction will end 24 hours thereafter.

**Post bids in this thread. Please post in bid increments of $10 or more  If you bid in less than $10 increments, I will accept that you have read this and agree to the minimum $10 increase ;)
If you want to increase it by $12.37, or $37.84, or $59.69, then by all means...go ahead...

***Please feel free to post questions/comments here as well.  Auction rules are listed below.

Original Thread:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=45048.msg598764#msg598764

As in the past, the original description is likely the best, so I have included it below:

This is the first of the abandoned by client sabers that I need to offload.  I can't just sit on them forever and as I post each one, I will offer them for auction at Fx starting at what the client owes.  Each saber will have been abandoned with no contact from the client for at least 6 months (actually, all of them are at least a year) and I have sent repeated "pay or quit" notices.  This one is from just before I redesigned the MKIII, so it is the Parks designed version.  That means little since my redesign was mostly internal.  This one has a very nice BIN6 blue/BIN1 Cyan blade and "natural" weathering (very light)/worn look.  It does have the newer vented pommel.  A great feature is the 4000 mAh battery pack for epic run times.  All of the Abandoned sabers will be auctioned in "as-is" state.  They are not used, but they are pre-built. 

Particulars:
MKIII (ANH version) hilt
Crystal Shard v1
MKIII Optics Module
12W RGBW (SkyBlu/Cyan Blade and White FoC)
Triple-Baked Natural "light" weathering
3.7V (18650) 4000 mAh pack
LDM 26mm HO speaker in Machined MKIII-specific Resonance

The BMT:

http://vid291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/drdicarlo/Obi%20Saberkit%20MK%20IIIs/Abandoned%20MKIII%20ANH%20No%201/Abandoned%20MKIII%20with%20CSv1%201%20BMT.mp4

The Glams:

This auction will be conducted using the "Wat Rules" (listed below):

With the problems that arose in the auction for the second saber last night, I am amending the auction rules regarding ending time for this final auction.

I honestly had not considered the problems that could arise when a person tries to make a last minute bid and gets the '...while you were posting, someone else posted...' message that would delay their bid.  So, to try and make it a little more fair, here is what I am going to do.

The auction will now end at x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x.  This will give people a chance to read these new rules and make sure everyone is on the same page.  I do not feel it would be right to change the rules with just a little over 12 hours left on the auction.  So I am extending the ending time by 24 hours.

At x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x, bidding will conclude.  But I will allow 'final' bids after that time as long as they fall within a short enough interval between bids.  Bidding will end once a five minute interval has passed between any two bids after the (for example) 8:00 PM end time.

For example, member X posts his bid of 1750 at 7:59:53.  Member Z posts his bid of 1825 at 7:59:55 but gets the recent post message and by the time he resubmits his bid, the time shows 8:00:12.  I would still accept the late bid. 

I will not say that once you place a bid after the 8:00 PM PST deadline, you are forbidden to post another bid.  The reason being, I think it might be abused and someone may wait until a member posts his 'final' bid after the 8:00 deadline and then decides to outbid him by a dollar.  I will let bidding continue as long need be after the 8:00 PM MST deadline so long as the bids keep coming in succession.  Once a 5 minute interval has passed (this allows everyone to refresh the page, post a bid, re-post if necessary and see their post) between two bids, the bidding will end.

Following on with the previous example.  Member Z posted his 1825 bid at 8:00:12.  Member Q also had a problem posting his bid at 7:59:58 and his bid of 1800 was posted at 8:00:16.  Member Q sees his bid posted after 8:00 and it is not the winning bid.  He then posts a new bid of 1850 at 8:00:45.  He is now the leading bid even though he posted after 8:00 PM.  This may continue for several minutes with various members posting, re-posting, and refreshing.  Member A posts his bid of 1945 at 8:07:36 and he is now the high bidder.  All other bidders have decided they have reached their limit.  Now, if one of two things happens, the auction ends.  If more than 5 minutes passes after member A's bid of 1945 and no one else makes a bid, the auction ends and member A is the winner.  Or if member X decides he can swing a little more and posts a bid of 1950 at 8:12:52 it will have been more than 5 minutes and his bid will not count.

I am trying to be as fair as possible. I realize this forum is not eBay, but I want to give customers as much of a chance as possible. 

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
Re: The Auction Thread- LDM's Abandoned MKIII #1
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 09:48:23 AM »
I can't believe no one has bid on this.... :/

If I could afford to take on more purchases, I'd be on this one like a green eyed fly.
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 10:00:12 AM »
Phenomenal lightsaber.  I would bid, but I already have one of the General's on my desk.  It is one of the few lightsabers that I will never sell.

Respectfully,
Sanjuro
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 11:29:44 AM »
Been watching this closely but I don't think I'll have the credits to participate :/

Always wanted an ANH MKiii

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 01:25:15 PM »
Dammit I wish I had funds for this.

Bump

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 11:15:06 PM »
...and this is why I never took the time to post it. a complete waste of my time.  I'll leave it up and if anyone bids the auction will start.  If not, the not.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 12:23:49 AM »
This is still here...looks like 1 bid will take it.  Will throw in a new blade or charger, either one to the winner.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 08:12:28 AM »
And she's home.  Man, this is a pretty saber, and for a steal of a price.

Review with glamour shots to follow.  Thanks.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 09:57:56 PM »
And she's home.  Man, this is a pretty saber, and for a steal of a price.

Review with glamour shots to follow.  Thanks.

Awesome!

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 08:46:59 AM »
Well, glad that found a home before my refund check got here. ::)

There's always the next one.

Can't wait to see the "Shots" and review.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 09:40:18 AM »
It'll be up by the weekend, at the latest.  This one deserves to be shown off!

retrousse