fiduciary

Author Topic: Blade plug prototypes  (Read 15383 times)

Offline TheSchlitzie

• Force User
  • ....loading....
Re: Crystal blade plug prototype
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2014, 06:10:24 PM »
Thanks guys.

@Clark Kent - I didn't know if I could, lol!     I'm also on the lookout for someone that can fabricate me some metal discs etc. in a 1/16" thickness and I reeeeeaaaly want to try out etching parts.

Whether noticeable or not, I hope to be making constant improvements to end up incorporating all my ideas into one plug design.

Oh, and you probably will want to buy one of my new ones when you see them, hehe! I think you'll like it.

Offline TheSchlitzie

• Force User
  • ....loading....
Re: Blade plug prototypes
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2014, 05:46:05 PM »
Before you ask, yes...yes I am sick in the head for trying this. But I know I can, so therefore I must! lol  >:D

A 3/4" diameter crystal chamber plug at under 3/4" in length! Hmmm, I think it needs more detail work though, MWAHAHAHA!

(all parts are just sitting together to get a feel for were to place things)

Offline Big Boss

• Formerly known as phophjoph
  • Master Force User
  • there is only room for one Snake and one Big Boss
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2014, 08:48:13 PM »
Before you ask, yes...yes I am sick in the head for trying this. But I know I can, so therefore I must! lol  >:D

A 3/4" diameter crystal chamber plug at under 3/4" in length! Hmmm, I think it needs more detail work though, MWAHAHAHA!

i would love to have a small blade plug like that for my VV tempest as its blade socket depth is only about 3/4 of an inch  :)

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."-The Boss

"Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath"-Michael Caine

Offline TheSchlitzie

• Force User
  • ....loading....
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2014, 08:58:24 PM »
What's the inner diameter of your Tempest?

i would love to have a small blade plug like that for my VV tempest as its blade socket depth is only about 3/4 of an inch  :)

Offline Big Boss

• Formerly known as phophjoph
  • Master Force User
  • there is only room for one Snake and one Big Boss
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2014, 09:58:28 PM »
What's the inner diameter of your Tempest?

It takes a 1inch blade

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."-The Boss

"Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath"-Michael Caine

Offline TheSchlitzie

• Force User
  • ....loading....
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2014, 07:30:31 PM »
I thought I would take a picture of one of my blade plugs before assembly. Yeah, a bit complicated...

Here's some new plugs I've been working on:

I tried my hand at making a few 3/4" plugs...it was not fun, lol!

Offline Wildcard

• Master Force User
  • This is an ex-parrot.
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2014, 08:14:01 PM »
Your plug designs continue to look better and better TheSchlitzie; these latest ones look great!

Offline TheSchlitzie

• Force User
  • ....loading....
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2014, 08:52:20 PM »
Thanks Wildcard, I already have some ideas to improve on the designs after trying a few things out on this batch.

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2014, 09:01:07 PM »
woo hoooo, sweet  ;)

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2014, 10:18:19 PM »
Duuuuuuuuude!!!!

Offline Gnar-Gnar Gin

• Experienced Force User
  • OhCanaduh
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2014, 10:40:56 PM »
does anyone have a napkin? i just drooled all over myself! beautiful work!
Han Solo describes saber building perfectly: "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"

Saber building in a nut shell... as described by a smuggler

Offline Darth Pain

• No Force
  • You don't know the power of the darkside!!!
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2014, 04:50:38 AM »
I want one

Offline SithStalker

• Keeper of the red blade
  • Master Force User
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2014, 04:56:06 AM »
They look great
Keep it up  ;)

Haha... Well, it's a fool's errand, boy. The Emperor's army is infinite. You'll eventually be killed... or worse... and nothing will have changed.

Offline TheSchlitzie

• Force User
  • ....loading....
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2014, 08:46:29 AM »
Hehe, thanks guys.  I should be listing a couple up for sale maybe after the weekend. I'm almost out of parts again and then I will be ordering a slightly modified acrylic disc design and trying out a new thickness that I used on the 3/4" plugs. I also reeeaaaaaly want to try incorporating some laser etched brass pieces (i'm slowly edging towards trying to make the plugs look like complicated lightsaber internal workings.)

Once I'm comfortable with the results, I want to make an illuminated modular internal system that slides out of my Graflex and also a custom cutaway saber!  Mwahaha!

Also, if anyone has any leads on anyone that can cut some custom design aluminum or brass discs please hit me up! :)

UPDATE----------- IT'S ALIVE!!

Old design on top/ New- slightly sleeker design on bottom. The devil's in the details:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:58:50 AM by TheSchlitzie »

Offline TheSchlitzie

• Force User
  • ....loading....
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2014, 06:15:07 PM »
Well, I went back and upgraded a few old plugs I built with more detailing. I also tried out a new design of crystal chamber plug.

ON TO THE PICS!

retrousse