fiduciary

Author Topic: Request Thread for NEW sound fonts (ALWAYS READ ORIGINAL POST FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!)  (Read 97168 times)

Offline Sigpro40s

• Padawan Learner
  • He pulled first...so I was justified.
What I would really love is a Tony/Stark Iron man hum...let me explain.

There is a scene in The Avengers towards the 2/3 end of the movie when they are all mobilizing, and Tony Stark is grinding on the helmet of his Ironman armor. While grinding the lights on the eyes flicker on and off and so does the humming. Until suddenly, the helmet lights up and the hum is stable. I think a start up font with this sound as the saber lights up (almost as if the saber were damaged and trying to build up energy) would be an awesome start up. Then in idol mode, the saber flicker every 20-30 seconds as if trying to draw energy. The hum would be totally different than any saber normal idol hum. But all other sounds would remain "original" to any other font (i.e. like maybe a TFU).

I don't know of anyone that has developed this. If you don't know what I mean, I'lll try to post a clip (if possible).
Vr

SigPro40s

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
I believe "Lord Blako" has just demo'd an Iron Man font not too long ago... Check out the link below.

Iron Man Saber Font - YouTube
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:06:15 AM by Cad-Bayne »

Offline Sigpro40s

• Padawan Learner
Thanks Cad-Bayne. Looks pretty good so far. It seems like it hasn't yet been finished. But sounds pretty good so far.
Vr

SigPro40s

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Master Force User

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
Thanks Cad-Bayne. Looks pretty good so far. It seems like it hasn't yet been finished. But sounds pretty good so far.

it is finished! ;)

Offline Sigpro40s

• Padawan Learner
Awesome ill check it out again. Excuse my ignorance, but is there a font that doesn't have a narration of verbiage? I am honestly just looking for the sound of the boot up, and the humming. not necessarily the intro by Tony Stark, and the various other verbiage in the font.

I'm like three days into this so sorry to bring such a remedial question into the forum like this.
Vr

SigPro40s

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Master Force User
When a font artist demos his work they let you hear the mash up that you can find in that font package. So I can only assume you heard vocals when the saber is bumped or a Force activation is used. There usually is a constant hum without anything else in the background unless the font artist chooses to design it that way.  So clashes, swings, poweron and poweroff's are all dedicated to what ever he or she chooses. Hope this sheds a bit of light here.  I absolutely love Lord Blako's fonts... The guy knows SOUND!!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:47:07 AM by Cad-Bayne »

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
regardin the iron man font, it's designed for igniter and the quotes are set up as the fx sounds, which you can basically just delete and use only the "functional sounds"...

and thanks, mr bounty hunter! :) there'll be more soon... :)

Offline Sigpro40s

• Padawan Learner
ok sounds good lord blako. Ill have to look at it again. I'm sure there are some tutorials on how to remove those particular parts of the fonts.
Vr

SigPro40s

Offline Grigori

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
I'd love a saber font based on The Never Ending Story, my 80's childhood movie favourite (other than Star Wars of course). I'd picture something still very much like a typical lightsaber, but rumbles from The Nothing's storm in the hum, and blast sounds from the Sphinxes laser eyes scene, the crashing of the Ivory Tower collapsing and the asteroids or the window breaking in the final scene as force effects, and of course the opening snippet of Limahl's song as a boot sound option. That would be awesome :)

Offline Jasten Skywalker

• Force User
Not sure if this is even happening anymore, but how about Boba Fett's EE-3 blaster from ESB? To my knowledge, his blaster was only heard in one scene on Cloud City, but I wonder if little adjustments could be made for variation in the blaster bolt sounds. Here's to hoping. lol

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
Little adjustments could always be made for sure!  When it comes to blaster fonts, I'm no good. But if someone wanted blaster sounds for a soundfont, I could do that. I could easily whip up 3-4 individual blaster sounds to replicate said characters. I just can't take on any commissions for full fonts right now.

Offline Jasten Skywalker

• Force User
Oops! Don't know how I missed your response. I have a Boba Fett blaster font, but it has no variation; it's just the same sound repeating over and over. I know that this is because he only fired his blaster once in the film (well twice actually but it was the exact same sound). Would it be possible to work with the existing sound font and add some variations?

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
Hi everyone.  I could indeed make more sound fonts, and doing a robust blaster one (amongst MANY others) was "in the mix" long, long ago, but there are a lot of circumstances preventing me from getting back into spending my time and hard work on these.

Most of this is due to the following (but note that I'm simply "summing it up"):

* Time, resources, energy -- not to mention, since I already made 55+ of them... that seems like a good amount!
* My work with SaberCombat.Com has obviously gotten MUCH more complex regarding tons of events... saber fight videos... my team... performances... co-founding, leading & instructing other groups... photo editing... video editing... classes... workshops... and even this whole "NoVader" thing (which was ironically "spawned" due to an old sword master having a dream/goal to fight Vader as Obi-Wan... so... I made it happen!!)
* My health - long story there, but it is what it is
* Community support / desire
* My family and newborn child
* My desire / motivation for making sound fonts (it's not really "there" as much as it used to be)
* Over-saturation / "cash grab" stuff with some sound font work  in general (which isn't necessarily/inherently "bad", it just... is what it is)
* Additional work involved with (apparently?) "16 swings/clashes" or "24 swings/clashes" or "32...64...128...256", etc.

You get the idea.  :)

I ~do~ have about 12 folders of sound fonts (each, their own "thing") that I either never finished or never released... but I don't currently have the capacity, time & desire to complete them.  :(

That all said... there are plenty others out there makin' sound fonts!  I'm also certain that when SW EP VII comes out... there will be a *MADNESS* craze of new saber fonts... a literal "me first + hurry up" thing, so... keep that in mind!

As for myself... I'll have to release my artwork in its own due time, as... I've never done this "for the dollars" in an extremely direct and "time crunched + hurry up and launch it first" way...

For me... when a sound font is "done"... it's done.  Art.  :)

If I were to be "commissioned" to do one (rare, although I've had people approach me, and as soon as I tell them it will cost a lot more than "seven bucks"... they naturally(?) vanish...)... maybe a timeline would be expected.

Anyhow... MTFBWY and... yikes... back to work I go--off the forums I must get...

--Novastar
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Master Force User
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:25:15 AM by Cad-Bayne »

retrousse