fiduciary

Author Topic: Build Log - ANH E-11 Blaster Rifle  (Read 6416 times)

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
Build Log - ANH E-11 Blaster Rifle
« on: May 29, 2015, 11:11:53 AM »
Owning an E-11 replica has always been a fantasy of mine and fortunately it is now becoming reality. Best of all, I get to build it myself! That's half the fun after all! Let's see what we got here! First off the base, an S&T Sterling airsoft gun.

Presently disassembled as I have deactivated it and removed all the airsoft firing mechanisms. I will be replacing the internals with a Plecter Labs Blaster Core v4 for lights and sounds. I will actually keep the motor you see there in the grip section. I discovered it can run off a simple 3v power source and therefore I can use it in conjunction with the Blaster Core as a rumble motor for the recoil effect.

Here we have the cut down clip. This was a little different than working with a real clip since I not only had to cut through the metal but a plastic sleeve inside the clip that was meant to secure the BBs. The original bolt on the end of the clip was plastic so I took a screw head with the same diameter, blackened it with a little Birchwood Casey and secured it with a little epoxy. I love the finished product and it looks great loaded in.

An ANH variant would of course be incomplete with a Hengstler counter so thank you to Dennis from the FISD forum for his beautiful replica piece!

Next I started giving some though as to how I am going to secure the new electronic internals. That's where these guys come in!

I drew the CAD files myself and let the 3D printer at work do the rest! From left to right - the chassis that will secure the battery pack, soundboard, and recharge port, a holder for the trigger switch, and an L-bracket that holds the 6 LEDs for the ammo counter (which will take the place of the counter inside the Hengstler). Don't worry! The L-bracket will be painted black! [:)]

Also I needed a way to keep the trigger from sliding around since there was nothing to secure it anymore since removing the original internals. So rather than scrounge though random washers hoping I would find a pair that would fit, I just made my own designs to precisely fit.

That's all I pretty much have up to this point but there is still more to come. Right now  I'm waiting on my scope and t-track orders to arrive and PlayfulWolfCub from FISD is preparing one of his super accurate power cylinder kits for me. As for the scope rail, I'm looking to create that myself since it is a relatively simple piece. I will keep you all up to speed as thing progress. Stay tuned!

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline generalSkywalker

• Experienced Force User
Re: Build Log - ANH E-11 Blaster Rifle
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 02:17:58 PM »
love E-11 scratch builds! favorite gun in the movies! next favrite would be the bryar pistol from the dark forces games.
"You have received a great honor, to be on the fx saber forum at your age. It's never happened before"

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 12:31:26 PM »
Today, I happened to acquire this.

It's some part junked from an old filing cabinet. This will become my scope rail as the width, depth, and 90 degree bends are perfect. It looked like bantha poodoo at first but after some time on the polishing wheel, sandpaper, steel wool, and metal polish.......

Compared to the original look, it looks brand new! It was actually reflecting! I just need to make another bend, drill a few holes, and give it a nice paint job!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline generalSkywalker

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 01:00:11 PM »
Soon your blaster will be complete, and you can join the empire.

"You have received a great honor, to be on the fx saber forum at your age. It's never happened before"

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 02:46:14 PM »
That's the plan! Already pre-ordered my Anovos armor! :D

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »

Made the bend it the front and drilled the mounting hole near the back. I loaded it up, looks fantastic, and is very firm and secure. I can drill the holes for the scope when it arrives and will then break out the spray can!

Offline Cable

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 08:56:38 PM »
Would be funny if you could still lob paintballs out of it!

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 05:34:22 PM »
They told me, "Get a grip!"......so I did!

Once the scope arrives, I'll be able to mount the hengstler and start a proper electronics install.

Offline Alec Skirata

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 10:30:10 PM »
Very nice :-)

What kind of electronics you plan to install ?

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 02:11:51 AM »
Erv's Blaster Core of course! :)

Offline Alec Skirata

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 01:39:49 PM »
Very good choose :-)
I built a blaster with BlasterCore 4 about 1 Year ago and I really love it :-)

If I would have a BlasterCore with a Display I would also think about to build a e-11 Blaster ;-)

Have you also a Stormtrooper for your Blaster :-P

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 07:49:20 PM »
Have you also a Stormtrooper for your Blaster :-P

I will! :) Already pre-ordered my Anovos armor.

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 06:33:35 PM »
Sorry it's been a while since I updated but some things I've been waiting for took some time to get here. First off, I've got my scope! It's a genuine tank scope, the M38A2. Got it for a great price on eBay. Does it lose me a few points in the accuracy category, yes but it was either this or the M38 replica from Evolution Props. This one has far fewer inaccuracies and a working lens! :D

I finished up my scope rail with a nice paint job. Put it all together.....

As far as cosmetics go, I'm just waiting on my power cylinders. I'm working on the electronics install now. Should be done with that in a day or two!

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 07:20:04 PM »
Love the down the scope shot!
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 02:15:15 PM »
Here are some build pics to hold you guys over for awhile.

retrousse