fiduciary

Author Topic: color mixing  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Satori Hanzo

• Force User
  • Formerly Known as Squeaky Wheel
color mixing
« on: April 16, 2014, 05:44:11 PM »
Hi All,
I am pretty new to the color mixing thing, and most, if not all of the research for color values  for RGB mixing is based on the 255 max system. I notice that the full power value in my CS is at 1023.....should i just multiply the values i see on these charts by 4 as a rough idea, or is there a lot more to it than that? Can someone please point me in a better direction for now. When my CF7 Saber gets built I will have R.I.C.E and Cex port, but for now, its just pull the card out, type the #s, and put the card back (which is really a pain in the butt, but I am learning). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hanzo
...and a powerful ally it is

The Force is as The Force does.

Offline Satori Hanzo

• Force User
Re: color mixing
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:39:33 PM »
Hi All,
I am pretty new to the color mixing thing, and most, if not all of the research for color values  for RGB mixing is based on the 255 max system. I notice that the full power value in my CS is at 1023.....should i just multiply the values i see on these charts by 4 as a rough idea, or is there a lot more to it than that? Can someone please point me in a better direction for now. When my CF7 Saber gets built I will have R.I.C.E and Cex port, but for now, its just pull the card out, type the #s, and put the card back (which is really a pain in the butt, but I am learning). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hanzo

Yeah man...just go for it. That's really the best advice I can give you... there really is NO other way than just winging it and hoping for the best. Yes! Is is a total pain in the A** fiddling around with the card so much, but so what, no pain no gain, and just think, when you get your CF7 with R.I.C.E. you will have discovered a world of knowledge of RGB colors that will be pretty useless once its all done in real time.
You keep plunking away man!!! You're doing great. That Cyan you mixed up is just Killer!!!!!

Stay well.

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 04:05:23 PM »
Page 25 of the CFv7 manual explains what setting to use for the main LEDs. Color mixing values depend on the color you are trying to get.  :))

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Satori Hanzo

• Force User
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 05:10:27 PM »
thanks man.

Offline Satori Hanzo

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 05:16:30 PM »
Im actually looking for color values themselves (R 255 G 255 B 0 = Yellow) that sort of thing, but for saber parameters.

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 05:21:46 PM »
Im actually looking for color values themselves (R 255 G 255 B 0 = Yellow) that sort of thing, but for saber parameters.

That's called experimentation.  ;) Shades of colors are in the eye of the beholder. RICE tends to help out a bit in that regard, because it visually makes it easier but if you are doing it manually, you have to experiment (possibly a lot).

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Satori Hanzo

• Force User
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 05:28:53 PM »
yeah man...thats where im at  :D Tons of experimentation. and some colors dont photograph well, so its tough to compare the minute differences.

retrousse