fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke ROTJ malfunction?  (Read 1989 times)

Offline rebel_scum

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Luke ROTJ malfunction?
« on: March 30, 2014, 07:20:23 AM »
I just received a Luke ROTJ fixed blade saber as a gift.  It works great most of the time, it powers on and off correclty and makes the crash sound when it strikes an object.  However, I noticed that when I hit something "light" instead of making the crash sound the blade "reignites" (led's power back up as if I had just turned the blade on, and plays the ignite sounds).  This happened when my wife was using it to hit a bunch of balloons in the air to amuse the children.  If I hit the hilt with my hand or another hard object, it makes the correct sound.  Anyone else notice this with theirs?  Trying to decide whether to exchange it or not.

thanks in advance!

Offline Dark Navel

• Master Force User
Re: Luke ROTJ malfunction?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 10:11:21 AM »
Make sure the batteries are fresh and all the same brand.   Also make sure that the battery pack/speaker assembly is seated correctly within the saber. 

Offline wolf10100

• Master Force User
    • Master Sabers
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »
I certainly agree with the above comment, however if its all working when being rough with it, but not when being gentle with it, i would also check the slidy switch to make sure that isnt doing anything it shouldnt do
Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 10:38:20 AM »
I have a mace windu & a luke rotj that did this, the problem was the pins that seat in the batt pack were not touching properly, it turned out the pommel on both was not screwed all the way down, be careful with the luke as it could cross thread.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 11:36:01 AM »
Batteries are losing connection.  As bombarta said it could be the pins are not working correctly, or it could be the installation of the batteries themselves or the pack where the batteries are installed.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline rebel_scum

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 01:35:26 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I took your advice and put in a brand new set of fresh batteries (just in case), and made sure the batteries were seated properly in the battery pack.  Seems to be working great now.

Offline shanern

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 01:29:43 PM »
I am hoping this gets some attention. I lucked upon 2 of these sabers. One works great the other lights up but no sound and the end cap is missing. Even when I switch out the end caps and battery pack the problem stays the same. Anyone have any ideas where i can get a new end cap and anyone have any ideas what the problem might be. I have changed the batteries, cleaned the pins and connection points. Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.

retrousse