fiduciary

Author Topic: First Jedi Revealed for Rebel  (Read 6871 times)

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
Re: First Jedi Revealed for Rebel
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 09:25:22 AM »
I'm just glad Freddie Prinze Jr. is doing something again.

He's a great talent.

Offline Halcyon, K

• No Force
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 09:44:08 AM »
Anybody notice in the video that the lightsabers all have a katana's tip? Slanted to one side.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 01:39:30 PM »
The thing I took away from that video was how much Freddie Prinze, Jr sounded like the guy that voiced Anakin for the Clone Wars.  I think the "cowboy" Jedi is just a description of the character's persona,  not that he actually is a space cowboy of some sort.  ^-^  :))  ;)
::)
Cowboy was just an easy word for the marketing team guys.... dont get all worked up.....
Dread the show or dislike it after you have watched a few episodes and they arent up to par.
who's getting "all worked up?" I merely.pointed out that the two voices sounded nearly the same to me....I don't see how that implies that I either like or dislike the show. I can neither like nor dislike something I have yet to see.

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 01:40:44 PM »
The thing I took away from that video was how much Freddie Prinze, Jr sounded like the guy that voiced Anakin for the Clone Wars.  I think the "cowboy" Jedi is just a description of the character's persona,  not that he actually is a space cowboy of some sort.  ^-^  :))  ;)
::)
Cowboy was just an easy word for the marketing team guys.... dont get all worked up.....
Dread the show or dislike it after you have watched a few episodes and they arent up to par.
who's getting "all worked up?" I merely.pointed out that the two voices sounded nearly the same to me....I don't see how that implies that I either like or dislike the show. I can neither like nor dislike something I have yet to see.

Jinn!
I was agreeing with you, i was added to what you had to answer to someone else =D

sorry for the confusion

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 01:41:51 PM »
Ah, understood.  ^-^
Edit:
For.me, this show.is.looking like what I bought would happen with th now apparently defunct love action show....it would center around a former jedi turned smuggler/scoundrel in.hiding and how he might get drawn into situations where he would have to choose between doing what he would have as a jedi, or maintaining his cover all the while avoiding "imperial entanglements" and an occasional bounty hunter.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 01:45:13 PM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline WookieeGunner

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 01:50:53 PM »
I actually like this saber.  In addition I kind of agree about not getting worked up about the Cowboy thing.  Wasn't Han referred to as a cowboy type of character at one time?

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 02:03:07 PM »
Ah, understood.  ^-^
Edit:
For.me, this show.is.looking like what I bought would happen with th now apparently defunct love action show....it would center around a former jedi turned smuggler/scoundrel in.hiding and how he might get drawn into situations where he would have to choose between doing what he would have as a jedi, or maintaining his cover all the while avoiding "imperial entanglements" and an occasional bounty hunter.  ;)

I know it's almost Valentine's Day, but... "love action show"? ??? Not sure Disney would greenlight that... ;)

Seriously though I agree that's what I would have hoped for the live action series too and if that's what this new animated series turns out to be then I won't be disappointed. Luminara is right that having Filoni at the helm can only be a good thing...lets just hope that Unca George's daughter doesn't write any episodes [I still cringe at the memory of 'Spider-Maul'].

I'm still meh about 'Darth Burton-Goth' ;) but this new character has potential and as for a space cowboy angle if that allows them to bring in Cad Bane and/or Hondo who were great characters I won't mind that at all. Also its a BIG Galaxy so there must always be some newly discovered planets still in their 'pioneer' development stage at any given time which might be exactly the kind of place a Jedi-on-the-run would find useful to hide in the aftermath of Order 66...so a "cowboy Jedi" doesn't seem any more unreasonable than a 'farmboy Jedi' or "crazy old wizard" of the desert or 'little green swamp creature Jedi' imo.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:09:02 PM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »
Ha...love action....gotta love the auto correct on my "dumb" smart phone....the small on screen keyboard really helps too.

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 10:08:31 PM »
Ha...love action....gotta love the auto correct on my "dumb" smart phone....the small on screen keyboard really helps too.

lol, figured you mean live action but looks like you use another word waaaaay more :P
Support our Font Makers!

Offline Cad Bane

• Padawan Learner
  • "I don't like to hide under a helmet."

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 01:01:16 PM »
For those who haven't seen it yet, check out Hera :):

'Star Wars Rebels': Final hero revealed plus all the new characters | Inside TV

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 01:42:49 PM »
Did anyone notice Heras last name?
 Syndulla
someone else with that last name was in clone wars
another Twilek
Cham Syndulla - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 01:49:38 PM »
Well there we all was worrying that disney was gonna ruin the whole universe for us SW nuts and now its looking as though they might actually make a good job of it. ::)
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2014, 01:49:55 PM »
Good find Justinmars!  Interesting :D.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 05:42:39 AM »
Well I for one am SO looking forward to this! I LOVED the Clone Wars (after getting used to the animation style, something I now admire, in its execution) I really like the idea of a group surviving in a small ship together, it so appeals to the cubby-house / fort / first car /first flat / and so on, as the years pass. I love the 'closet' Jedi idea, The Ghost having Corellian/Millennium references. The use of stormtroopers, the McQuarrie influenced droid, so much. ANYTHING would have been appreciated after the death knell sounded for Clone Wars. Star Wars animation has shown me some of the best lightsaber duels, ship designs, droid designs (and how) and fed my appetite for anything Star Wars. Clone Wars made me laugh out loud and cry, and I hope rebels might well offer similar involvement. So..KUDOS,  I love it, love it ALL!

retrousse